Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone experience symptom relief with carnivore diet?

[st...]

Wondering if anybody has tried this way of eating and what the pros and cons were. I’m having a lot of skin issues and food sensitivities.

Thanks

I tried it for a bit but ended up so very constipated. Are you talking about eating protein only?

Its difficult to do long term and also think about your pancreas when you reintroduce carbs.

Just a thought

Shania

HI Staunch:

Wondering if you have gotten off that last bit of valium?  There is a good possibility that even that tiny bit benzo still in your system continually is

causing your skin/gut  issues.  I believe that you will see a big difference in your symptoms soon after you jump.  Just my experience and thoughts.

Klonkar

I tried it for a bit but ended up so very constipated. Are you talking about eating protein only?

Its difficult to do long term and also think about your pancreas when you reintroduce carbs.

Just a thought

Shania

Protein and fat. Maybe ghee or butter also.

Were you eating fatty cuts of meat? I’ve heard increasing fats can improve the constipation.

HI Staunch:

Wondering if you have gotten off that last bit of valium?  There is a good possibility that even that tiny bit benzo still in your system continually is

causing your skin/gut  issues.  I believe that you will see a big difference in your symptoms soon after you jump.  Just my experience and thoughts.

Klonkar

Am down to very low dose now. Attempting to taper all the way down then will jump. I sure hope things improve.

No, I did it  religiously for 5 months, had even worse constipation and I suffer from terrible long time  constipation anyway from the Benzos, and now withdrawal, and I was eating buckets of fat as your supposed to eat high fat with it  it made no difference to my symptoms at all. It may work for someone else but did nothing for me at all, I tried Keto,  too that seemed to be working until it never so I'm wondering if I actually had a bit of a window not a full window which was nothing to do with the diet its self  as I gradually went back to feeling bloody awful all the time. I just seem to react to everything I eat no matter what  :(

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey all. If you don't mind my 2 cents... I recently did an experiment on my diet. I thought I was reacting to a few foods but was proved wrong. I ate very clean. The same meal for days! No change in symptoms. Nothing increased nothing decreased. I had grilled chicken, salad with lettuce cucumbers carrots black olives 1/2 boiled egg, green beans and mashed or baked potato. All with no msg no preservatives no nitrates. It was prepared with a touch of butter and McCormick seasoning salt ( has no msg). Then the next week, I did the same with a different meal. 1 egg, 1 strip uncured bacon, 1 piece of toast and an apple. Same result...still had waves & windows about the same times & intensities as the week before. Both weeks I had regular Sprite( caffeine free) & bottled water.

Dr Ashton said not to worry too much about certain diets. That's not to say that if something is revving up symptoms you shouldn't exclude them. Absolutely you should. But the body does need a variety of vitamins & minerals fats & carbs to function properly especially during withdrawals. We get those from a diet with variety