Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need opinion from one with experience

[Br...]

Hello good people and strong people. I know we are all strong and able to get through this. Lately i have been cold turkeying benzo and i experience many symtoms that is so uncomfortable , but i heard from a friend who taper it slowly for a year he hardly have or get any withdrawal at all. So is tapering end up with easier withdrawal than cold turkey? And faster recovery also?

I would definitely advise you to taper slowly. That’s what I am doing. I’m still having a lot of side effects but it’s better than going cold turkey which can be dangerous. Have you read the Ashton Manual? It’s a free download and very helpful with tapering and also gives you a lot of information about benzos.

Take what I say with a grain of salt and wait for more people to reply. I'm new to this, but I have read on here multiple times to not reinstate after a lengthy cold turkey; how long has your cold turkey been? Also, slow tapering is not necessarily painless for everyone. There are a lot of people on here who are suffering with tapering. Your friend could be one of the lucky ones.

Im pretty sure if you ask people if they would rather Cold Turkey WD benzos again or taper....most will choose taper. C/T Benzo withdrawal is life threatening from possible seizures and a lot of other problems. Why put yourself thru the agony?

[1b...]

You could crossover to diazepam using this table:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

then decrease the diazepam dose by 1 mg every two weeks until you reach 5 mg, and after that decrease the dose by 0.5 mg every three weeks until you're off. Different people had different experiences with it, but personally I've found diazepam taper to be tolerable. It also tends to be safer and less prone to paradoxical effects than the more potent benzos (alprazolam, lorazepam, clonazepam) and it can be dosed only once a day (before sleep) owing to its long half-life.

Im pretty sure if you ask people if they would rather Cold Turkey WD benzos again or taper....most will choose taper. C/T Benzo withdrawal is life threatening from possible seizures and a lot of other problems. Why put yourself thru the agony?

Take what I say with a grain of salt and wait for more people to reply. I'm new to this, but I have read on here multiple times to not reinstate after a lengthy cold turkey; how long has your cold turkey been? Also, slow tapering is not necessarily painless for everyone. There are a lot of people on here who are suffering with tapering. Your friend could be one of the lucky ones.

I would definitely advise you to taper slowly. That’s what I am doing. I’m still having a lot of side effects but it’s better than going cold turkey which can be dangerous. Have you read the Ashton Manual? It’s a free download and very helpful with tapering and also gives you a lot of information about benzos.

Hello good people and strong people. I know we are all strong and able to get through this. Lately i have been cold turkeying benzo and i experience many symtoms that is so uncomfortable , but i heard from a friend who taper it slowly for a year he hardly have or get any withdrawal at all. So is tapering end up with easier withdrawal than cold turkey? And faster recovery also?

You could crossover to diazepam using this table:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

then decrease the diazepam dose by 1 mg every two weeks until you reach 5 mg, and after than decrease the dose by 0.5 mg every three weeks until you're off. Different people had different experiences with it, but personally I've found diazepam taper to be tolerable. It also tends to be safer and less prone to paradoxical effects than the more potent benzos (alprazolam, lorazepam, clonazepam) and it can be dosed only once a day (before sleep) owing to its long half-life.

Thank you for all the reply. I am currently on day 2 of CT and today i was not sleeping and i start feeling dizzy like seasick and the back of my head feel tense . The emotional distress is strong maybe because i have not been sleeping. There is this dizziness inside my head that painfull as heck for 24 hours. I understand that tapering might be better at least right? My friend taper so slowly. My issue is that my benzo is a concoction a cocktail mix in powder form. I can only do water tapering at this point. My doctor dont give me diazepam. I cant follow ashton manual because its not in pill form and my doctor dont prescribe me substitute.