Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Has anyone’s dry eyes gotten better?

[st...]

My eyes were my worst symptom since last year while still being on the medication. Last year I started taking my Clonazepam on an “as needed basis” for sleep instead of daily like I had been doing the previous years.  When I started taking it this way along with taking only half of my dose is when my eyes got horrible. They’re so dry and red all the time and it feels like inflammation. I’ve been to 3 eye doctors and they don’t take dry eye seriously and just give me eye drops. None of the eye drops I’ve tried have worked for me. I miss not having to constantly think about my eyes. This was the reason that made me decide to stop taking clonazepam for good since my it was the only thing that had changed. Does anyone have success stories of people who’s eyes got all the way better?

I’ve tried eye drops. High quality Omega-3’s. Tea tree oil cleanser and a lid and lash cleanser. I’ve also tried heated eye masks.

My eyes are so dry too. Never had this before.  Eye doc didn't seem concerned. It gets so bad that I am now conscious of my blinking bc it is so uncomfortable. I hope it gets better for you soon.

My eyes are so dry too. Never had this before.  Eye doc didn't seem concerned. It gets so bad that I am now conscious of my blinking bc it is so uncomfortable. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with it too. It sounds so small and trivial but it’s life consuming if it’s bad enough.

I hate being so conscious of my eyes but I think they are at least a tiny bit better. Sometimes they’d be so bad I’d have to make myself an eye patch because I couldn’t keep my eye open because it hurt so bad. I don’t do that anymore so that’s a good sign.

[e6...]

My vision and eyes turn really bad after taking this poison too. Blurred vision at night  and dry eyes mainly in the morning. Doctors just gave me  tear drops that irritate me more due to the alcohol content. I switch to Similasan aging eye relief (I don't have any commercial interest with the brand). They are from Switzerland and are homeopathic drops from flower essences. They really worked for me.

Mice

I've had issues with dry eyes for seven years. That includes while taking Xanax, during the taper, and close a year post benzos.

My eye doctor bumped me up to an ophthalmologist. She had me use sterile eye drops first. A couple of years ago, she put tubes in the corners to encourage natural tear production. A eyeball bandage was the next step. In June of this year, she did surgery and scraped the top layer of cells off the eyeball so that it could heal back over with hopefully a better layer of cells.

The dry eye over time caused corneal erosion. So, my eye ball had scrapes on it. When I went to sleep the eyelid would stick, and when I opened my eyes, the cells were jerked off over and over. Eye doc said that this not only caused pain but also insomnia and anxiety. Insomnia due to the cells getting roughed up during REM sleep with eyeball movement. Anxiety came with waking up and pain when opening eyes.

The surgery did correct the problem in the left eye. I hope it will stay well, because it's no small thing. The eye ends up being really painful and does impact on sleep and just general well being.

Just thought I should post about this. I, too, thought I should suck it up and that dry eye was minor. It really isn't.