Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone here trying to WD on black market benzos?

[ob...]

Have been using black market benzos for about 3 years as doctor's won't prescribe me enough diazepam (30mg daily). Now I have entered in to my taper plan under the doctor's (and support worker's) advice and the doctor has told me I have to carry on with the black market stuff (!).

I'm curious to know if anyone else is using black market benzos, what types, if anyone knows what their actual content is? I mean, am I actually withdrawing from diazepam? I bought it illegally off the internet!

I am currently on Xanbaxy 10mg Terapia Diazepam (white). Could this be a potential new board, given the wide usage of black market benzos?

Have been using black market benzos for about 3 years as doctor's won't prescribe me enough diazepam (30mg daily). Now I have entered in to my taper plan under the doctor's (and support worker's) advice and the doctor has told me I have to carry on with the black market stuff (!).

I'm curious to know if anyone else is using black market benzos, what types, if anyone knows what their actual content is? I mean, am I actually withdrawing from diazepam? I bought it illegally off the internet!

I am currently on Xanbaxy 10mg Terapia Diazepam (white). Could this be a potential new board, given the wide usage of black market benzos?

I've wondered about this very situation after seeing repeated warnings issued by the UK govt regarding the prevalence of benzo knock-offs there.  Surely the phenomenon is rampant elsewhere, as well. 

I haven't heard anything about it happening in the US, but we kind of have our hands full at the moment, LOL.  The US Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Recovery Month webpage hasn't been updated since September of last year.  Still urging us to celebrate National Recovery Month 2019!  :'(

recoverymonth.gov   

I would be too afraid of taking black market benzos due to safety concerns. Are the prices exorbitant?

You said

"Could this be a potential new board"

What do you mean by this?

Sorry, by "new board" I thought perhaps a completely different discussion to all the other topics. I'm trying to withdraw, but now I'm not sure what from!

It's still most likely diazepam, even though there's a not insignificant probability that it contains something else. Whatever, it is the substance you are dependent on and the substance you need to withdraw from. In a sense, it almost doesn't matter what it is because that is your supply.

You're on the right board. People have all kinds of practical struggles that can unfortunately make up a big part of the problem. The disadvantage you have is at the same time an advantage... once you decide that something is right, you don't have to convince an ignorant prescriber to go along with your plan. That's very handy if you put in what it takes to make educated decisions. You probably will need to find more motivation from within due to not having anyone other than yourself to be accountable to. But if you can instill the required level of discipline, be honest and accountable to yourself, you will find that over time your challenge starts to look the same as everybody else's who posts here. I started off on a black market supply, nothing changed when I moved to prescribed. Dependence is dependence. I'd guess that someone who obtains their own supply is more likely to struggle with addiction but that's not a given.

Honestly, at its core, it's the same battle that everybody else is going through. You absolutely belong here... but only temporarily!

Diazepam is one of the most widely available benzos, I doubt that your black market pills aren’t authentic. It’s a lot of effort to go through considering how cheap it is. I used to get 100 5mg pills for $27 back when I didn’t have a psychiatrist to prescribe them. It’s far more likely to have counterfeit Xanax bars than anything else because people are willing to pay a lot for Xanax bars where diazepam is considered pretty meh on the benzo food chain by most recreational users.

I do think it irresponsible for your doctor to tell you to continue using black market benzos though since it’s both illegal and would put him in a position of liability if you die from them.

Thanks for all your replies. You're right, I'm coming off what I'm coming off. Some sort of valium-like Benzo.

You're also right that it takes a lot of self discipline. I was actually stable about 4 weeks ago - not drinking and stable at 30. Since then I've messed it up - been drinking, stopped, messed up my doses to the point I've been way too high or low. Not drinking again now and trying to get back to stable (30mg). Anyone know the best way to get back to "stable"? Getting awful daytime withdrawl, and having to updose.

Also yeah, UK doctors - very not keen to listen to patients or their support workers when it comes to diazepam, it seems.

Hey

I had the same, I abused diazepam tablets from the dark web. I did this for around 3 years also, was taking them for sleep, was taking them 2 to 3 nights a week with a dose of either 10 or 20mg. I bought different brands and agreed they could of been anything. I saw my doctor and she said try to taper off these, but I could only get 10mg tablets (I did have a big breakdown but thats cos I tampered to quick on the illegal tablets), as they where only 10mg tablets, my fiancee went and at the doctor and said he needs really ones. A long story short I am seeing a physiatrists now and I am on Diazepam from the pharmacy. So I guess what I was taking was some kind of benzo. As you say its hard to say what you are addicted to and what strength.

Thanks for all your replies. You're right, I'm coming off what I'm coming off. Some sort of valium-like Benzo.

You're also right that it takes a lot of self discipline. I was actually stable about 4 weeks ago - not drinking and stable at 30. Since then I've messed it up - been drinking, stopped, messed up my doses to the point I've been way too high or low. Not drinking again now and trying to get back to stable (30mg). Anyone know the best way to get back to "stable"? Getting awful daytime withdrawl, and having to updose.

Also yeah, UK doctors - very not keen to listen to patients or their support workers when it comes to diazepam, it seems.

try and stabilise on 30mg, stop messing around with doses mate. Keep at 30mg every day and give it time and you will stabilise then try and reduce slowly  :thumbsup:

Yeah you need to find the right doctor mate, not easy I know

I have an appt with the local drug and alcohol service wednesday, and apparently they should be able to prescribe (spoke to my doc again today and she gave me 20 x 5mg, and then said they should take over).

You're right platicman. I was ok 4 weeks ago on 30. I'll just stick to that and wait it out. Hopefully the world will start to feel a bit more real in a few days...