Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Had a long window and grasping for its return

[Mi...]

So I had a window the past week that lasted 2 full days where I was free of psychological symptoms and was able to interact with the world around me enthusiastically. I was hoping the momentum would last but alas it did not. Should I just be happy that I even had a window like that only 3 weeks post jump? Was the fact that it lasted 48 hours a sign of real healing?

I’m discouraged there’s nothing I can do to help this window return but definitely looking forward to when my entire life is symptom free...I was telling my wife it was the “nirvana of normalness”

3 weeks out is good mate! It's disheartening when the window closes, but it's a sigh things are healing well.

Longer windows and shorter waves from here on out

Wow I suffered greatly for the first year off. I’ve been in a wave since January with like 10 days of hardly any symptoms. I’m 2 1/2 years off.

Mike: Having a good window and then going back to a wave and symptoms feels almost cruel - and we all have been there or are currently riding with the fluctuations. Truly do empathize!

Everyone heals differently, so please do be happy that you experienced this (some people don't have that till further out..). Try to remember the windows and maybe document them so you can refer to them. Sometimes the waves have a way of making us forget we even had a window or how good it felt. So if you have it written down/posted you can "see" that you had them and they will return.

Your body is complex and is going through some intense healing in every body system right now - not just your brain. Be patient and kind to yourself. Acceptance of what is truly is a big part of getting through this. And distraction. When I used to read that from others i was like " Ya ok..."...but then you start to realize how true it is!

You will get through this.  :thumbsup: