Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help! experience with Benadryl post tapering

[...]

Hi BB,

Can you share any experience/knowledge about using Benadryl post tapering?

I'm 1 yr off but infected with covid which caused extreme reactions to traces of virus that floating in the air.

I am considering Benadryl but want to learn from others their experience taking this drug during benzo wd. Including good and bad effects, dosage, duration etc.

Thanks!

4mom

Hey there!

Sorry for your infection, yikes!

Benedryl has always hyped me up...even long before benzos.

But nevertheless I still tried it during acute for sleep. Didn't work for me, BUT....Thought I would share how I went about dosing my really sensitive body:

( Yes we are all extra sensitive during WD, but some of us already had food allergies and stuff like that even before)

I used children's benedryl...without any dyes..yes the liquid.

That way I could choose how many mgs I want to try and could increase if I wanted. That way you can test the waters a bit without complete disaster

Hope that helps:)

"Traces of virus floating in the air"?  The virus doesn't behave like that. You cant have a "trace" of a virus. 

The virus itself travels through the air, but not "traces".  It's either virus, or not virus. 

And if it is "floating through the air" around you, I'd be letting others know. 

Hi I’m very much an anti-medication guy now and have been scared to even take Tylenol, much less Benadryl... BUT i did take some about a month ago and all went fine for me! It affected my body like it normally does by making me sleepy. Hope this helps!!

Hi 4Mom,

I was as sensitive as a buddy could be, and in the height of my withdrawal, I had great luck with Benadryl. I had debilitating head pain, and Benadryl is the only thing that took it away... I also used it to sleep when I went through a phase when I couldn't sleep. I took it regularly for months and never had a single negative side effect. I was sensitive to every kind of food, stimulation, light, etc. So, I think it's worth a try!

4 Mom, why do you want to take Benadryl? As an antihistamine? (Surely not to help with those traces of COVID floating in the air lol??) I took it to promote sleep but it wired me instead. I was up pacing for a couple of hours, it made me so agitated. There are plenty of other things to try if it's insomnia you're worried about.

Katz