Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

3 year anniversary - anyone else same time?

[pi...]

Hi All

Just hit 3 years and was taking stock of all thats happened and where i am

I was wondering if any others were at 3 years and still come on.

Im pretty decent these days but still have the occasional wave and scary periods. Having one now, hence me coming back on BB's for a bit to remember and remind myself about the old mantras......."this is normal and all Benzos, you've bneen checked out, your healthy, its WD etc etc.

Guess im lucky cause i was able to forget about all this for a little while before it all comes back. I realise thats great compared to most. But still to be back in this pain and suffering, even for a week or two, im so sad and just tired

anywhoo hope others at 3 years are fairing better. Would be great if anyone else at 3 years could share cause im looking for reassurance that we are still on the path of healing as always.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

good to hear from you lexsant. for some reason it just brings me so much comfort knowing that there are others who have been on this same journey the whole time. Sorry to hear its still nasty waves and sxs for you. clear skies ahead hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...
[48...]
Yes, In a few months. I just passed the 34 months mark. Most of the times crazy waves. This week my DP went super intense bc of severe stress reaction. But it lifted after a  few days when coping with the stress factor. But my vibrations is killing me they wont stop, been there 38 months now.  :angel:

Hi,

Today make 3 years of no meds.  Sept 5 2020

I still have the side effects of feeling like I weight 1,000 LBS.

I feel very insecure in the morning until I get around people.

I think I have one more year to go before they all go away... I took Benzos for 16 years.

Your going to be fine! It takes time for the benzo to get out of your fat cells and bones.

Sincerely,

Qtis

Hi,

Today make 3 years of no meds.  Sept 5 2020

I still have the side effects of feeling like I weight 1,000 LBS.

I feel very insecure in the morning until I get around people.

I think I have one more year to go before they all go away... I took Benzos for 16 years.

Your going to be fine! It takes time for the benzo to get out of your fat cells and bones.

Sincerely,

Qtis

Hey Otis

great to hear from you. I feel insecure about my weight still too, not sleeping meant i put on weight during this whole ordeal which i had worked really hard to get off a few years before it.

I think sleep is like number one when it comes to weight control. then diet and exercise 2nd and 3rd.

I feel really similar about the 1 year thing - thats so weird.

Do you still have many symptoms or waves? do you mind if i ask how things are?

[48...]

Me but with ups and downs still with nasty wave's and symptoms! ;)

Lomg time since I saw a post from you. Wonder if your pain still is extreme? And what about that electric thing in body? Its still there for me. Not better.

I’m at 41 months. The first 15 months were very bad with akathesia, chest pain and insomnia being the worst of many symptoms. It was relentless with no significant windows.  In the 15th month I started to have windows. From about 15 to 24 months there were still some “very“  bad days, but some days were simply “bad” and an increasing number of days when symptoms were “not too bad”. During this period of time there were also a handful of “good” days; although even these good days were not symptom free. Now I would describe the days as “kind of bad”, “not too bad” “pretty good” and “good” . The good days are not as frequent as I would like, but they are increasing in frequency. For those who are skeptical of prolonged symptoms, I have a healthy lifestyle with no drinking. I did take a few rescue doses the first 5 months, but nothing since then.

My post wasn’t finished when I accidentally posted it. Let me finish up by saying that some of us take a while to heal. Who knows at this point if I will fully heal, but life is enjoyable at this point and even the worst days are reasonably tolerable. I seldom log on to bb these days, and I want to assure everyone still experiencing symptoms at 3 year that things do continue to get better.