Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

hello all my name is Gerard and im a newbie

[Mu...]

hello my name is Gerard

I've joined this community as I have been told this is a strong community for great advice and support which i need desperately

I'm currently on Lorazepam 0.5mg for the past 6 years now

I have been taking a Benzodiazepine for the past 6 years

0.5mg

started a taper

I am very confused and not in a very good space right now...just looking for some support in figuring out my best course of action here,this Benzo has stripped away a lot and left me feeling desperate for answer iI am unable to get from my doctor

Hello Mustangsaydie06, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry you're not getting the support you need, this is an incredibly difficult process and its the one thing we need.  Can you tell us about your taper, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two but this should depend on your symptoms, it's important we remain functional.

Can you tell us the symptoms you're feeling, you might want to take a look at  The Ashton Manual, it explains what benzo's do to us and chapter 3 will list your symptoms and why you feel them.

The Planning your taper (Taper Plans) board will show you the methods we support so take a look and if you'd like suggestions from our other members, you can start a thread.

Thd Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board is a great place to connect with other members about what you're feeling, you'll find support there.

We're glad you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Mustang,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies.  I am sorry to hear you are struggling. You have come to the right place for support and information.

I am glad you have decided to taper off the benzo.

I too am tapering Ativan and know this can be a very difficult and scary process. BB has been a life saver for me.

Sometimes it is just good to know you are not alone.

JuJuBi