Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Apparently I’m having a lot of issues lately

[De...]

So my symptoms have moved mainly to my throat and sinus area... does anyone have the feeling that something is stuck in their throat, like mucus but nothing comes up?

My symptoms right now are

Sinus pressure on one side of my nose  mainly after I sleep and then it clears up a hour or so after I wake up.

Shortness of breath that comes and goes

Tight throat comes and goes and the feeling of like mucas in throat but when I clear my throat barely anything comes up..

And I have anxiety/panic waves those are getting better (slow improvements)

The tight throat and shortness of breath sounds familiar, not sure about the sinuses but it's good to see you've noticed an improvement in your anxiety, that's a big plus!

I feel we are on the same timeline lol.

I have been gargling water all morning, as it feels something small is stuck in my throat. There is a "click" every time i swallow...annoying, not painful. I cut my own hair the other day and am hoping it may just be a very small hair

I get sinus headaches and my speech sounds like I am having allergies. Before benzos, I didn't have an issue with headaches and sinuses. But, I think I heard/read that it has to do with histamines. Have you tried a low histamine diet?

I feel we are on the same timeline lol.

I have been gargling water all morning, as it feels something small is stuck in my throat. There is a "click" every time i swallow...annoying, not painful. I cut my own hair the other day and am hoping it may just be a very small hair

At least it’s good to know I’m not alone! I’m hoping this will pass soon! :(

The tight throat and shortness of breath sounds familiar, not sure about the sinuses but it's good to see you've noticed an improvement in your anxiety, that's a big plus!

Did you ever have mucous issues ? I’ve read on here in archived posts that ppl had this issue.

I get sinus headaches and my speech sounds like I am having allergies. Before benzos, I didn't have an issue with headaches and sinuses. But, I think I heard/read that it has to do with histamines. Have you tried a low histamine diet?

I haven’t tried any diet as of lately cause I’ve been trying to maintain my weight my metabolism it’s out of control right now.. waiting for that to slow down too.. :( 

I have spent so much money on a restrictive diet that I can't stick to. I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat. When I tried eating right, I had to eat more times throughout the day and I don't have the energy to try and force myself to eat more than three standard meals. I usually eat something carb related because it feels me up and stays with me a while. I can't skip meals either because my blood pressure gets low enough that I feel like I will pass out and throw up.

I have spent so much money on a restrictive diet that I can't stick to. I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat. When I tried eating right, I had to eat more times throughout the day and I don't have the energy to try and force myself to eat more than three standard meals. I usually eat something carb related because it feels me up and stays with me a while. I can't skip meals either because my blood pressure gets low enough that I feel like I will pass out and throw up.

Did you cold turkey? How long has it been since you stopped the meds?

I did cold turkey Ambien and it has been 2 months and 14 days exactly since I did. But, my story is a little different from most. I became addicted to Ambien after suffering a paradoxical reaction to Lamictal and Buspar. My psych did not recognize I was having withdrawal symptoms, so to ease the pain I was in, he prescribed Ambien to help with sleep and I stayed on it for about 8 months. My recovery may be a little harder. Also, I do not take ANY medication whatsoever. I do not even take Tylenol or ibuprofen for a headache.

I did cold turkey Ambien and it has been 2 months and 14 days exactly since I did. But, my story is a little different from most. I became addicted to Ambien after suffering a paradoxical reaction to Lamictal and Buspar. My psych did not recognize I was having withdrawal symptoms, so to ease the pain I was in, he prescribed Ambien to help with sleep and I stayed on it for about 8 months. My recovery may be a little harder. Also, I do not take ANY medication whatsoever. I do not even take Tylenol or ibuprofen for a headache.

What symptoms do you have? I cold turkey Ativan almost 3 months ago! It will be 3 months next week 

My symptoms change. But during acute, I would have this feeling of not being able to lift my head off my pillow and I couldn't lift my arms to type on my computer. I had cortisol surges during the night, horrific stomach pain. tingling of fingers and toes, weird dissociative feeling in my body, panic attacks, flu symptoms, UTI symptoms, IBS, head fog, massive headaches, and pychosis. Now, my symptoms are mainly severe fatigue, food sensitivities, headaches, neck ache, sinus issues, weird dissociative feeling in my body, my head feels on fire, and brain fog.

My symptoms change. But during acute, I would have this feeling of not being able to lift my head off my pillow and I couldn't lift my arms to type on my computer. I had cortisol surges during the night, horrific stomach pain. tingling of fingers and toes, weird dissociative feeling in my body, panic attacks, flu symptoms, UTI symptoms, IBS, head fog, massive headaches, and pychosis. Now, my symptoms are mainly severe fatigue, food sensitivities, headaches, neck ache, sinus issues, weird dissociative feeling in my body, my head feels on fire, and brain fog.

Looks like you have improved a lot in two months! I’m gonna wait till next week and list on my symptoms when I post something for my 3rd month.. hoping some things will have died down by next week. Fingers crossed!

DesertVibes, unless I am reading into it wrong, I thought that you had minimal symptoms and were doing pretty well. Are you functional? I was bedridden like the first month, so I guess in hindsight I am doing better, but nowhere near what I would consider fully functional. However, what can I expect with the amount of Ambien I was taking? I am praying for a full recovery.

DesertVibes, unless I am reading into it wrong, I thought that you had minimal symptoms and were doing pretty well. Are you functional? I was bedridden like the first month, so I guess in hindsight I am doing better, but nowhere near what I would consider fully functional. However, what can I expect with the amount of Ambien I was taking? I am praying for a full recovery.

I’m pretty functional.. i wouldn’t say my symptoms are minimal but idk

My symptoms are as of right now

Anxiety/panic

Tight throat/stuck feeling in throat

Shortness of breath

Sinus issues

Burning sensation

Nausea waves haven’t had that in a few days though

Chills/hot flashes

Sleep disturbance 

DesertVibes, I keep hearing that the biggest improvement is in the fourth month. Please keep us updated on your progress.

God I hope so! I have 8 more days left of month 3!

DesertVibes, I keep hearing that the biggest improvement is in the fourth month. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Oh appetite is still weird like there will be days where I’m hungry but nothing sounds good at all or im not hungry but eat cause I know if I don’t I’ll loose weight so still dealing with that.