Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My protracted withdrawal from Clonazepam

[sn...]

I joined benzobuddies after more then a year of reading the forums, as I feel I can better use the site with an account. I am currently 11 months off clonazepam and still experiencing protracted withdrawal. I am looking for some methods perhaps with dieting that may lesson my day to day struggles or at the very least ensure I won't exacerbate my symptoms more. The symptoms I have include but are not limited to paresthesia, tremors, mild tinnitus, neuropathic pain, numbness, tingling, sinus pressure, vibrating hands, eye floaters and flashes.

Hello  snakeplissken  :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined, congratulations on being benzo free.  I'm sorry you continue to have symptoms, it’s nothing unusual at 11 months out, they will resolve with more time.  I hated that word “time”!    It started to get better for me in the second year.  All i did was try to eat healthy,  I cut out coffee, sugar..all my fav things.  :(    Distraction helps, short walks, light exercise if you’re  able.  Try to take your thoughts away from how bad you feel… focus on something else.  Keep reminding yourself that its temporary,  it does get easier with time so hang in there, you will eventually get better.

You are probably familiar with The Ashton Manual, it gives us a better understanding on why we feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body,  It also includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita