Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Symptoms almost 8 months out ct and food

[dr...]

In a week it will be 8 months free and while some symptoms are still there from the start, lots have slowly diminished. I was on xanax 1mg twice a day for 5 and a half years and decided to quit after 1 day i woke up and felt completely out of my body and memory was extremely bad.

Sugar - This is the main culprit for hell on earth for me. Started realizing what i ate or drank made a HUGE impact. About 5 months in, i noticed i felt like there was no hope about 2-3 days AFTER i ate or drank sugar in high amounts and never knew what was making me have bad waves. I felt great the day i consumed it, but what i didn't know is how bad it would impact me only 24-48 hours after. Seriously, this is bad stuff.

Caffeine - Not as bad as the sugar, but i would get physically impaired as well as mentally in the same pattern as sugar, 2-3 days. I big overload on the brain and just fatigues it, a crash nobody wants.

Instant noodles or ramen (msg related probably) - Very very bad waves the next day of eating. It's just as harmful as sugar.

Dairy - Doesn't hit me that bad, but i can notice my body does not like it.

Alcohol - I don't drink at all. So i have no experience in what this would/could do to me, so i'm staying away from it. Can't be anything positive i imagine.

Those are all the foods i can think of that i know 100% would have an effect on me and just from being around the board, have heard nothing but awful feedback on those foods. I'm trying to somewhat trial and error on foods to see how my body reacts. I used to have a iron gut as they say and could eat anything no repercussions whatsoever, but this is just insane how sensitive our bodies get. I'm 29 and feel like my body packed on many years during this. Anybody else have similar experiences? Or foods that bother you? Chip in!

As for my symptoms.

Jaw/neck pain with both tmj and neck cracks -  (i do this everyday and i honestly don't know if it's bad or not but it's relieving)

Feeling of muscle loss all over - i know for a fact it's happening because my joints started clicking when i stretch and it feels difficult to to move those areas

Severe memory impairment - This. Is. So. Bad. It really is. I have not seen any recovery in this ballpark yet and it's worrisome, 8 months off a drug almost and it did this much damage?

Eyes are not focusing - Hard to explain, it feels as if my eyes are having issues looking straight, it would feel more comfortable if they were looking down or just closing my eyes would make it better, maybe light sensitivity plays a role in this also.

Yes, everything you described is pretty common for most people after they taper or jump CT from Benzos.

Foods with sugar, caffeine, MSG, etc. usually cause an intensity spike in symptoms for many.

All of your symptoms are "normal" too.  I had all of those except severe memory impairment.

8 months off is great.  However, it will take as long as it needs to for things to even out and symptoms to fade.

This is all "temporary" and you'll get past it.  However, it's very non linear and very UP and down for some time.  1 step forward 2 steps back recovery and healing process

Hey, that’s a really helpful post, thanks. I’ve started a keto diet so no sugar and it seems to help, will see if reducing caffeine helps. What kind of muscle symptoms did you have to make you think it was muscle loss?

Hey, that’s a really helpful post, thanks. I’ve started a keto diet so no sugar and it seems to help, will see if reducing caffeine helps. What kind of muscle symptoms did you have to make you think it was muscle loss?

Well around my neck and in the innards of my knees, it used to be bulky because i worked those out the hardest and now it feels i have no support in those areas and they are always cracking when i stretch and feel very weak. Those are the areas i notice the most. My biceps and triceps amounted to flubber the same time as everything else. I will say i did no activity whatsoever the past year, but to lose this much that fast? I definitely think it's benzo related.

Also forgot to mention before it got bad, i had muscle spasms in all these areas as well. Pulsating nonstop. Then the spasms went away and it feels like they very quickly deteriorated.

Thanks mate, that’s what I was wondering, I have similar, I call them “twitches” but same same. How long did it take for them to stop? You get them all over?