Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Somatic Tracking / Curable for pain...any experience?

[Ti...]

i have a lot of neck and muscle pain associated with my taper.  It's my most troublesome symptom atm.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried somatic tracking or the Curable app to help with pain and discomfort.  Anyone willing to share their thoughts or experiences?

I’ve never heard of it but I also have those symptoms. Have you tried the app yet? Where can you get it?

If you do a basic search the app should come up.  Curable.  I have done the free trial and am debating purchasing a year subscription.  It uses a meditation based approach to minimizing pain and discomfort.  It's an interesting concept.  You may try a youtube video (search "somatic tracking") to get an idea of the concept.

Following this post. Curious about it as well. I found a free meditation in podcasts, wish I could remember it, that worked well for my lower back pain (I have pain everywhere, it’s like triage between preexisting injuries/pain condition, and benzo pain). The mediation had  me focus on one area of my body that did not hurt. I had to go to my left foot, it’s the only place I have no pain! It definitely helped me cope with the acute pain of the injury.

Meditation in general helps calm the CNS, and I don’t think it can hurt?

Best,

Sun

Hasn’t helped me but mine is from extreme contracture, spasticity etc rather than pain on its own.

You could try John kabbat Zinn’s Free meditation stuff on Youtube first to see of that helps.

Also neuroplastix.com has a lot of info that might help. It looks like nothing much but almost everything on there is a link.

I’ve never heard of it but I also have those symptoms. Have you tried the app yet? Where can you get it?

If you do a basic search the app should come up.  Curable.  I have done the free trial and am debating purchasing a year subscription.  It uses a meditation based approach to minimizing pain and discomfort.  It's an interesting concept.  You may try a youtube video (search "somatic tracking") to get an idea of the concept.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Hasn’t helped me but mine is from extreme contracture, spasticity etc rather than pain on its own.

You could try John kabbat Zinn’s Free meditation stuff on Youtube first to see of that helps.

Also neuroplastix.com has a lot of info that might help. It looks like nothing much but almost everything on there is a link.

You mention extreme contracture - I wonder if this is what I have as well.  It feels like intense muscle aches.  Can you give more information on this and the spasticity?  I'm guessing this is a result of benzo use for you - have you tapered already? 

Thanks