Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Made a tiktok to watch during lockdown

[a8...]

[a8...]

Hey everyone! I don’t use social media so when quarantine started I made a tiktok to watch videos when I was bored. I could NOT believe the videos I was seeing on people making videos about how they were missing their Xanax and cracking jokes about needing some. One guy made a video about speeding to get his bc he hadn’t had it in days. Someone commented on it and said that’s very dangerous to miss that many doses. And the people on there telling that person that he can miss doses and he’s fine. Basically ganged  up to tell that person he could miss the doses.

Benzos are being overly prescribed is what it seemed like. All of them were on some sort of benzo.. I also didn’t comment because I saw them attacking those who actually said things that made sense.

I don’t know why I needed to share this. 

( wasn’t sure where to post this)

That’s weird I have TikTok but never came across these types of videos

It’s truly scary. But I feel like those who only take it as needed for anxiety or panic attacks will never have the type of withdrawal Or damage daily users get.

[a8...]
I wonder if because I clicked on the comments my Algorithm showed me more. I had it for a couple months before I came across them.  But I agree with you. It’s a lot harder for daily users.  And a lot easier for people to joke about needing more Xanax when they haven’t experienced WD.

[7e...]

I cried for these people as they have no idea what awaits.

Most people are able to stop their benzos without any issues.

Don't cry for them.

[a8...]
You’re right! I even modified it and changed it bc I do need to realize that not everyone goes through it.  Ty for pointing that out  :)

I haven't seen that on Tik Tok, but I'm not surprised.  All over the internet I see references to difference benzos and feel frustrated that I don't really have a good way to tell them the truth about benzos.  Like I saw a thread on twitter the other night about a woman saying she couldn't sleep cause of the pandemic, and  bunch of people replied back about the z drugs or benzos that they take to sleep and how they would not be able to sleep without them.  Nobody in that thread replied anything about the dangers of benzos.  If I did reply that, I don't even think it would be taken well either.  I was very convinced I *needed* my benzos for many years, and a few comments from lay people didn't convince me of anything. 

[7e...]

You’re right! I even modified it and changed it bc I do need to realize that not everyone goes through it.  Ty for pointing that out  :)

You are truly amazing! I thought you'd take offense but you surprised me.

Lots of love to you.