Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

10 months out and in one hell of a wave

[LE...]

Hi all. two things happened recently and need some input on this.

I did a ramp for a neighbor 2 weeks ago and between the heavy lifting and high 90's temp for the seven days I really messed myself up.

Next after finishing the ramp I had a filing and tooth extraction done. Not sure if the numbing set me off? After these two things I seem to be back in acute plus the cog fog, burning legs and really rigid legs, ankles and everything is tight and painful. I'm 71 now and know I overdid the physical stuff but would like to hear from someone on this.

I am getting scared that I will not beat this miserable stuff and never heal.

I remember reading posts from people as they moved along their journey, but it seems like most of them have healed and left now. Need some opinions on this and if my timeline is where it should be. Read many times that just before you heal things get really bad. My left leg is burning really bad yesterday and today and my ankles or that area are super tight and painful. Feel flu-like too. You all know how weak our minds are and get scared really easy with all this misery.

Hi Lenny-

I'm so sorry this happened. It's awful to start feeling good and then get hit with bad symptoms again.  I think you nailed it in identifying what brought on your wave - building a ramp in high 90 degree weather followed by significant dental work?  That's a lot!  Benzo withdrawal puts a big strain on the central nervous system.  Experiencing significant physical or emotional stress on can cause symptoms to rev up - even at 10 months post benzos.  It doesn't mean you won't ever heal. 

At 10 months you have a lot of healing behind you but recovery takes longer for many of us.  As far as timelines, there's a really wide range.  For some, it can take well over a year, for others less and for others more.  There's no way of predicting. Don't lose hope. You will get there.

Brighterday

I'm no spring chicken either LENNY.  I know how you feel.

I can only say that exertion sends me backwards too. 

We will heal LENNY.  And I do understand how our minds can wander to wild fear filled places.  Distract and remind yourself always, that you are healing.

Dee x

There is one more item I forgot about. my urologist was hinting to stop taking Elmiron so I had stopped taking that last week also. I guess I created the perfect storm. I just don't know what to do now. All my muscles are tight and hurt especially the pelvic area which pushes my buttons and stresses me out the most. I fear going through the agony again and only makes me feel worse. Never saw anything on the Elmiron except it coats the bladder. I guess it is a drug so has some chemicals and some reactions. Just really scared right now! Anyone??

I'm so sorry you're suffering with such physical pain and the kind of fear  benzo withdrawal causes.I know that terrible feeling of being fearful, that feeling that everything is wrong.  I hope you're taking it easy.  I would try to distract yourself with pleasant activities to help take your attention away from your symptoms.  Also it will help to use whatever calming techniques you like, walks in nature, deep slow breathing, making sure you're keeping yourself well hydrated with plenty of water (especially in this heat), eating healthy etc. - All of this helps create the best conditions for your CNS to find balance again.

Read Success Stories  when you need encouragement.

You'll get through this!