Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Has anyone tried going away in withdrawal

[le...]

Just wondered whether anyone tried going away while in withdrawal. Just wondering whether to try going away for long weekend, nowhere near healed but not quite as bad as month or so ago. Been over year since had a break and life so monotonous with restrictions wondering if it might be distraction and help or would it make things worse?

[90...]

I have been away 14 days in 2018 to two different places one week in one place we rented summer houses. Travel long with car. I was not the driver. 2019 I went to Germany from Sweden with a mobile home. A really long trip over 12 hours. To a musjc festival in Germany. And this year up in the north of sweden to a summer house. We where supposed to camping but weather and health stopped me from that. Also a long ride 7 hours obe direction with car.

It was super super super hard. I wont lie. My symptoms rev up after too much stimuli in car and the stress lf leaving my home. But i can do it. And I am really sick with tons of symptoms. I also got the worst DR the last time. Become disoriented and got terror but i could cope and let it go. I did some hiking. Fishing. Collected stones to paint on and was outside all the time. We also could eat 2 in a resturant and drink a cup o coffee in a coffeshop.

So yes! It can be possible. But knowing it can cause stress and there for worsen symptoms.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that sorry you are in bad wave. I wake up first hour full of hope thinking lot better make plans, then bit later doubt worry set it. Husband thinks bad idea, did go away OCtober was awful, but was 2 months into  the ghastly citalopram

I think a holiday in relative tranquility with a light itinerary could do you a lot of good. I was just promoting the idea of doing something to break the cycle to emerge from a rut. Done right, this could work very well. Focus on relaxation and avoiding stress and you're golden!

Thanks was thinking going to adults only hotel just for long weekend. Last time went was Oct went into meltdown but I was 2 months in citalopram that made anxiety off the scale. They are doing a cancellation thing at moment you can cancel up to 3 days before if unwell. Just feel whatever decision I make is wrong one like taking the anti depressants was nightmare so don't just don't trust my judgement any more.

Yes, I went to the beach twice.

You probably know if you are well enough to handle it.

It can feel exceptionally normal to walk on the beach or lounge by a pool.

If you are up for it, I say go for it ;)