Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When do the thoughts ease up need bit hope

[le...]

Even though my suicidal thoughts gone and general blackness eased the b intrusive thoughts, OCD still there. Tried everything trying desperately not to do compulsions, contrary to what CBT therapist said the anxiety doesn't eventually ease been trying for months Just wondered if anyone else's did ease as they started feel bit better. Even though Baylissa says they will eventually go and caused by withdrawal not true  OCD finding hard to accept  will eventually be free of them

Still early after the AD....give yourself time....many of us get a taste of OCD in all this. Our brains hate free floating anxiety (gaba healing) and attaches itself to an obsession..whether in thought or in actions. It thinks that if it does repeated thoughts/actions it will "be safe". We feel unsafe bc our amygdala is in overdrive right now, and we are basically incapable (to some extent )of self regulating .

I have to remind myself of this too...trust me ;)

Had the intrusive thoughts for 18 months so quite long time. But the compulsions only since take the anti depressants