Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Temporary shift could this be wave/window scenario?

[le...]

Has anyone had temporary shift in symptoms, nowhere near feeling "good" but awful suicidal thoughts have eased, seem have got more physical symptoms, even though can't do much feel almost like had flu very tired, and had flare up of my IBS, and finding it hard think straight at times. Just wondering if this will last and finally sign might be recovering but scared about feeling too optomistic. The anti depressants made me feel in dark place for so long do worry will never fully recover from them and this might be as good as it ever gets. Not sure what a wave feels like and before just felt bad the whole time.

Has no one ever had wave & window or ever had slight shift in symptoms. Bit of support would be good from someone .Don't feel quite as desperate as some on here now, but still long way off being recovered after 18 long months. Bit  if reassurance I might be heading in right direction. As no idea what wave maybe exoecting too much that someone partially improving might have responded don't feel very supported.

It's extremely normal for symptoms to come and go. It's normal to see modest ups and downs from day-to-day and not uncommon to see quite dramatic shifts too. Windows / waves aren't medical terms, just something that patients came up with to describe the nonlinear path to discovery. Things are manageable at the moment? You're in a window. Just been hit by a flood of symptoms after being fine for a few weeks? That's a wave.

The way you're describing things sounds like windows / waves. Sure, it means you're healing. It's not that you haven't been healing up to now and that you're not healing if this pattern falls away. It's just that you can see it a bit more clearly. You're doing really well leann.

[49...]

Leann,

This whole experience can be miserable.  I’ve been having looping thoughts and obsessive issues combined with nerve burning...unrelenting anxiety.  I’m at 11 months, but I thankfully hired a Naturopathic Doctor who has been helping me along.  He told me 3 years for me to fully recover from this.  He told me year 1, “tread water” and fulfill basic needs...so that’s all I keep reminding myself, just “tread water.”  I’m coming up to month 12, and I guess I do not really have any expectations anymore.  I just distract myself the best I can.  I feel super anxious and oh my gosh the irritability right before my monthly is out of control.  I read Baylissa Fredericks book on healing from this mess.  It took her two plus years...it just takes time.  Surround yourself with love, be kind to yourself...

We are all hear listening.

Love

FL

[49...]

And I forgot to answer your question lol!

Symptoms for me definitely shift...sometimes I have violent horrific nightmares, sometimes I do not.  Fatigue can be an issue, other times not.  The waves and windows can be small or large or even non existent.  I personally Get waves when I feel stress...yesterday I was at Home Depot with my friend and well I had a nightmare last night and woke up incredibly anxious.  I have had few windows if any, I do feel my best in the afternoon starting around 1pm and it lasts until 3, then again after 7pm at night.    It seems my adrenals are shot but supporting them is just not an option because I’m super reactive to all supplements.

So shift in symptoms yes, is it a window...?  Not sure...I think that is somewhat subjective.  If the new symptoms are not as miserable as the old ones I would say heck yeah that’s great!  But if they are worse, maybe a wave..?  Do not get stuck on labels, it really does not matter what we call anything.

Love

FL

Thanks for that up to last week or so been the same just some days cried all day and really didn't want to be here. The OCD still the same thanks to anti depressants. But been looking at changing car and managed to go to car showrooms, and did test drive even though haven't driven since lock down. Still hard to go out just scared to think might be recovering for it to come crashing down. I read Baylissa's book, did give me hope said lot people wrongly diagnosed with OCD for it to disappear once they recovered. Have been feeling quite tired and had IBS flare up but can cope with physical symptoms it's mental ones that are terrible.