Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What the heck is going on with my thoughts

[03...]

[03...]

Why does everything I do feel wrong and like a compulsion?  Normal things like wanting to know something about something I have read feels like a compulsion.  It seems like everything triggers my brain to want to know the answer to something otherwise I feel like I am going insane.  This is 24/7 and never stops.

I will read something and then my brain will be like "lookup that persons" name but it feels wrong and like i am performing a compulsion even though its just a normal curious thought.

can anyone relate to this?

It's by far the worst symptom I have because I don't know what's normal anymore.

Can definitely relate, although my compulsive directives seem to manifest a bit differently than yours. I went through a rather manic/ocd-like period where I would constantly be weighing myself or brushing my teeth while asking myself, "Am I doing this right? Am I going to be okay? Did I really read the scale correctly?" It was as though I had lost control and couldn't just let it all go and be done with it. It was quite maddening while it lasted, but thankfully, it did pass.

I can also relate to not knowing what "normal" is. I'm reminded of the novel title, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me".