Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzodiazepines tapering off the taper...

[Su...]

Hi

I'm currently on my Benzodiazepines Taper 26 years on them

I chose to start my taper off Ativan 3MGS Daily and Klonopin 2MGS Daily on April 14 2020 under the supervision of my psychiatrist and psychologist at Massachusetts general hospital. Here's how it's been and what we've done...

On April 14th I was on Ativan and Klonopin we started the taper with the taper with the Klonopin at 5MG first. So I decreased my night dose. Everything stayed the same except the Klonopin night dose. 1MG in the morning and 1/2MG at night. I was on 1MG IN THE MORNING AND 1MG AT NIGHT.

In place of the 1/2MG klonopin I TOOK one 10MG of valium at bedtime. Ativan stayed the same along with150mg of Zoloft.

The next week I dropped 1MG Of Klonopin and we added 2 valium 20mgs at night and 200 mg of zoloft

The taper below is the following as directed.

On April 21st 2nd week following I was upped 50MG Of zoloft. So I'm now on 200MG of zoloft. I dropped another 1/2MG of klonopin. Taking 2 10MG Valium 1MG klonopin and 3 1MG of Ativan.

April 28th 2 10MG valium in morning and 2 10MG at night. 4 total valium 40mgs Ativan 3mgs. 175mg zoloft. Went up 25mgs of zoloft. NO KLONOPIN. DONE.

May 8th-2 mgs Ativan dropped 1mg added 1 valium

Zoloft 200mgs

2 Valium morning

3 valium at night

Ativan

Zoloft 200mgs

Valium 70mgs

Eventually. Valium 35mgs 2xday

28 DAY TAPER OFFICIALLY OFF BENZODIAZEPINES

May 13, 2020

70mgs 35 in morning 35 at night

3.5 pills morning

3.5 pills night

NO Ativan

NO Klonopin

Zoloft 200mgs

May 20, 2020

Valium 65mgs total

25 mgs in the morning 40 at night

75 mgs benadryl instead of 100mgs started Friday

Zoloft 200mgs in the morning

June 3, 2020

Valium 60mgs total

30 mgs in the morning

30 mgs at night

June 17, 2020

Valium 55mgs total

25 in the morning

30 at night

Wednesday June 15, 2020

Valium 20mgs in the morning with zoloft 200mg

30mgs Valium at night

Wednesday July 1, 2020

50mgs total

25 mgs 2x day

20 mgs morning

30 mgs night

Wednesday July 15, 2020

45Mgs total of valium

20MGS In morning and 25MGS at night

This coming Wednesday July 29th 2020 I drop again to 20MGS of Diazepam in the morning and

20MGS at night. Continuing the Zoloft 200mgs.

My next appointment is: TUESDAY AUGUST 11, 2020

@11AM which we most likely drop another 5 mgs bringing it to a total of 35 milligrams daily*****

Hello Survivor76 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are very pleased you joined our community.  You made a great decision to taper off the benzodiazepines, and it sounds like your coping with the taper.  You’ve done well getting off the Klonopin and Ativan and crossing over to diazepam.  You mention  “28 day taper officially off Benzodiazepines”?    You are taking 45 mgs diazepam, is that correct?  Diazepam is a benzodiazepine.    You will receive plenty of support and encouragement here to help you through the rest of your journey. Please feel free to post/ask questions on any of the dedicated boards.

The Ashton Manual.  This is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body,  I would check it out.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  Many of us need to taper slower, whatever feels comfortable,  the goal is to try and keep symptoms manageable.

I'll leave you a few links:

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Valium/Diazepam Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita