Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

DR is morphing into DP. It’s scarier.

[El...]

I’m a little over 4 months off klonopin, and I’ve had derealization the entire time, varying in intensity week to week, hour by hour.

But for the last month or so the derealization is turning into depersonalization and this is much scarier. This doesn’t feel like progress. This has also been my worst month in terms of other symptoms, but that wave of other symptoms  seems to be lifting.... and horrible worsening depersonalization remains.

It feels like it’s getting worse by the day. I’m really worried.

I am still tapering off K, but dp has got to be the worst of my symptoms. I just try to distract as much as I can. Take one day at a time.

How do you define DR and DP? This has always confused me. I have these weird feelings and perceptions that I have always called DR or DP, but I don't even know if I am right. I guess DR for me is when I feel like I am in a glass globe looking out at the world. I feel like an alien who doesn't belong. My eyesight gets a little fuzzy and my peripheral vision is off and nearly non existent. Right now, I don't have fuzzy eyesight but the world feels..different. Like I don't belong and I can't find joy out of anything.

How do you define DR and DP? This has always confused me. I have these weird feelings and perceptions that I have always called DR or DP, but I don't even know if I am right. I guess DR for me is when I feel like I am in a glass globe looking out at the world. I feel like an alien who doesn't belong. My eyesight gets a little fuzzy and my peripheral vision is off and nearly non existent. Right now, I don't have fuzzy eyesight but the world feels..different. Like I don't belong and I can't find joy out of anything.

Pretty much how they’re described here:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/der.htm

Thank you. I didn't know that there were differing degrees, so this makes a lot of sense. Sometimes I have a really bad case and then other times, it is light. It's uncomfortable at any degree. I used to call the lighter degree disassociation. 

I am still tapering off K, but dp has got to be the worst of my symptoms. I just try to distract as much as I can. Take one day at a time.

It’s incredibly difficult. Don’t let me being so bad off at 4 months scare you. I tapered too fast.

4 months is still early....I have to tell myself that at 5 months ...sorry I know its rough.

But others have healed. re-read those accounts over and over if you have to!

4 months is still early....I have to tell myself that at 5 months ...sorry I know its rough.

But others have healed. re-read those accounts over and over if you have to!

Reading your signature, our timelines sound similar. I hope we get relief soon.