Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Brain training exercises & short term memory loss

[ho...]

Does anybody have an app or game they can recommend to help with building concentration and memory? Also, when did you notice memory loss finally getting better during withdrawal?  Thanks

I used to use one but I have (not kidding) forgotten what it was called.  I will look.  Personally, I am still in the taper and have only noticed some improvements from time to time when I manage to get some sleep.  I too am praying it comes back.  One thing I remember doing during an earlier phase of the taper was memorizing poems, bit by bit, like a line or two at a time.  That helped.

Haimona

I found it, and it was called Mind Games Pro.  I remember liking it a lot, although it doesn't seem to exist on the Apple app store.  I originally bought it on Amazon.  I have also heard good things about Lumosity.  Good luck!

Haimona

I had just started doing brain training to help with all of my symptoms which I thought was due to chronic stress, chronic pain with HPA axis dysfunction...I only just realized with my doctor's insight that the Ambien (Z-drug) I was taking for years and years is probably at the root of my problems and so now I am tapering.  I was going to post whether the experts around here think this is a good idea to challenge our brain while we are recovering physiologically, or does that place additional stress from a neuroplastic point of view.  I was using this program which is very highly rated:

https://www.brainhq.com/?v4=true&fr=y

Interested in what others think...

Deanna2020..I also need to get off ambien after being on for over 22 years but concentrating on tapering off ativan first. Interested to see how your journey goes. 😉

hoping4healthy...Thanks for your interest! I used benadryl for sleep along side ambien (not a good idea I know) and titrated off benadryl first. That went pretty well but I wish I had tapered off ambien first since I am having a lot of hives and itching around the eyes and face during my ambien taper.  I am on Day 20 and have so far gone down from 10mg ambien to around 4mg.  Aside from the hives not too many physical symptoms except for the interdose withdrawal issues (back/muscle pain, etc) that I have been having for nearly two years.  I am so looking forward to just getting off completely and knowing I am in the final stages of healing.  Good luck to you on your journey!

Luminosity. I love that app. I just use the free version. You get three different games each day and you can replay them as much as you want.

Deanna2020..are you able to fall asleep on your own? That is my problem. I am honestly like a baby, I can't put myself to sleep.

hoping4healthy...I used to have a really hard time falling asleep and had to use the Ambien.  But in trying to figure out my chronic pain I started trying all sorts of remedies, including meditation, CBD oil, yoga nidra, as well as kicking the coffee habit (which was one of my most favorite things in life  :'( )  To my surprise I have found that I learned to calm myself well enough that I no longer "worry" about falling asleep.  I just take whatever comes without judgement or rumination.  This was the trick - to not make sleep an issue.  If you practice some of these habits prior to weaning off the Ambien you might be pleasantly surprised.  I was.  Now I'm convinced that it is the Ambien that has caused ALL my physical symptoms as well as so mant emotional ones I hadn't realized.  Cannot wait to be free of this poison.  We can DO THIS!!!!