Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Has anyone said **** it and started other drugs

[64...]

[64...]

Has anyone just had enough because the symptoms were way too severe and lasting too long to survive that they went on something else? lamictal, gabapentin, Lyrica, memantine, AP, AD, or a combination?

I've spoken to 2 people now that were desperate and severe like me that ended up polydrugged and now stable and tapering. 

Or is true that nothing can help but time?

If time is the healer than why are people so many years off and still suffering. 

I'm trying to figure out how to save myself years of endless and needless suffering.

Time is a healer seen on the belief that putting new chemicals into your body will only make things worse.

There will be a time in which you can add other helpers, from herbs to supplements, learning new techniques, exercising and so on, making life changes, learning, whatever.. So time alone does not change everything, but this is logic. If you run a marathon you have to nourish the body after it for recovery, its clear that you dont run the next marathon soon - so here the claim time is a healer is true. But then you would work on your muscles to recover, feed the athlete with a good diet, get massages and so on, - and that's the point when time as a healer is not enough any more.

Just to explain that claim.

And of course, many people here have returned to benzes or have taken other meds. Some still are on them, some are still tapering.

I personally wanted to experience a life with a pure ME. I have been polydrugged..

And one of the reason for that was that I always thought I could not survive without something to swallow and no doctor wanted to disagree. In the end, my life is so beautiful now, no depression, no panic no nothing anymore. But I have learned to deal with pain and agony. Thanks to withdrawal I will never need any med for an emotional problem anymore. Or for insomnia or whatever.

It’s a very individual thing. You’re gonna have to make that decision for yourself and weigh the pros and cons of any new drug. I personally was on Prozac a few months after I quit taking Clonazepam and I feel it did help. I’ve been off of it for 2 months and I’m fine. You need to do what’s best for you. People can offer their opinions or personal experiences here but they don’t know you like you know yourself. Just be careful and don’t make any hasty decisions that you might regret. I hope you get some relief soon 🙏🏼

Avoid SSRI's citalopram been a nightmare made me feel really like don't want to go on. You have be very careful adding more chemicals to the mix when your brain is trying to recover. I'm lot worse than I was 6 months ago just do lot of research first.