Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

21 months off xanax with severe health anxiety

[Em...]

Hello,

I am currently 21 months off xanax after a three week taper.  I was taking xanax daily for several months and started having very serious interdose withdrawal symptoms.  I have suffered from various physical symptoms but my most severe symptom has been health anxiety. I am still struggling with this on a daily basis. I have turned to Benzobuddies as a support system throughout this process and am very grateful that I was not so alone during the worst of my struggles. However, the health anxiety that I have always dealt with has been extreme since going through withdrawal and it has started to feel like it will never let up.

Hello Empath36 :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are happy to have you here. I am sorry that you are still experiencing withdrawal symptoms,  you have come to a great place for support.  It’s not unusual to be having symptoms this far out, it will get better with more time.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads. 

I would suggest you read The Ashton Manual, reading this will give you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support

We have a dedicated board dealing with anxiety issues, I'll give you a link to it so you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Anxiety     

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you so much for the welcome Magrita and the links to all of the resources. I am thankful for all that the community has to offer.

Thank you so much for the welcome Magrita and the links to all of the resources. I am thankful for all that the community has to offer.

You are welcome, its good to have you here Empath, i think it helps being among others who understand what you are going through.

You will get through this

Magrita :smitten: