Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Loss of Taste and Smell, Spicy Food Craving

[Jo...]

Anyone else?

Anosmia (Loss Of Smell)

Ageusia (Loss of Taste)

I've been covering both slices of sandwiches with Sriracha sauce, as much as will fit on the bread plus mustard. I LOVE spicy food now, and always have, but this seems ridiculous. I only feel it when it burns my lips or clears my sinuses. I see that it apparently activates the same Opioid receptor as alcohol, so that might include benzos.

Hi,

This is a fairly common symptom, and it's temporary.  I had hyperosmia for awhile, a greatly enhanced sense of smell and even smelling odors like oranges, soap, smoke, etc. that weren't there.  My sense of taste went from normal, to salty tastes only, to a few days where everything tasted absolutely exquisite,  and then ultimately back to normal.  Withdrawal can play havoc with the senses, but things will settle down in time.

:thumbsup:

Had altered taste and smell for a year. Alsoalteted mouth sensation - textures of food all wrong.

Much food tastes and smells disgusting or rotten or just wrong.

Have lots of odd smells. Can’t smell my environment properly.