RESOLVED: Password Reset Bug Fixed ×
BenzoBuddies Activity Level Report ×
Let Your Voice be Heard! Researchers at Trinity College Dublin... ×

Is anybody else out there Bipolar or has some other type of mental illness?

[Mi...]

I don't know if this is true or not but it seems that people like me that has a mental illness like Bipolar Disorder has a more difficult time of it.  My Bipolar is unstable at this point therefore doing a cut is near impossible.  I get depression and anxiety from being Bipolar so I've got to try and deal with those symptoms plus others, and do a withdrawal that is going to cause my problems to worsen.  I just think I would have an easier time getting off these Benzos if I also didn't need to deal with all the ramifications that come with Bipolar Disorder.  I'm just saying the way I feel, maybe it doesn't bother other people that have a mental illness as much as it bothers me. Oh, I also have PTSD.

Take care out there

Minnie1971 :(

I'm not sure if true either but I'm right there with you and I would have to say this is the most difficult withdrawal I've ever been through. ...on top of the depression, anxiety, pain, and ptsd....I'm done with meds for a while after this to see how my head is...at moment dropped off everything except cymbalta 30mg while I'm trying to taper off this hell drug klonopin....I wish you the best if luck. ..chin up at least you are getting off the worst thing out there!  We got this!!

My psychiatrist thinks I may be bipolar or at least having a random hypomaniac phase. Or at least something resembling it. But personally I disagree with him, my mind is extremely stable, and I can feel the mood swings I get are chemical and induced by the drug.  ??? I just can't switch my mind off and my hyperarousal status and the resulting total insomnia is what led me to take the drug.

I think I may have been dysthymic before taking Klonopin.