RESOLVED: Password Reset Bug Fixed ×
BenzoBuddies Activity Level Report ×
Let Your Voice be Heard! Researchers at Trinity College Dublin... ×

Day one after cut in Ativan yesterday

[Wh...]

I guess I am just looking for support right now.

Yesterday I made my first Ativan cut:

6am:    0.25 mg

11am:  0.125 mg (from 0.25 mg)

4pm:    0.25 mg

10pm:  0.25 mg

No extra 0.125 mg dose when I woke at 3am.

I also changed my bedtime dose to later (from 9pm) so that I can make the switch to 3 doses/day (6am, 2pm, & 10pm) as I progress.

Possibly too many changes at once, but I am happy to stabilize here for a few weeks.

I am scared as hell and feel on edge. Not really for a full blown panic attack, but just on edge. I think this is fear of anxiety more than anything. I can barely eat, but am trying to force myself to get something down in order to keep up my strength. GI symptoms are horrible, but I think that is anxiety on top of the Benzo belly.

My attempts to meditate last night and this morning were not successful. I will try again as soon as I have time in the day.

I need to come up with a tapering plan and may have to go the titration route because cutting is so inaccurate. I am wondering about asking my compounding pharmacy if they can accurately make 0.05 mg capsules. That would be so helpful. Has anyone else done this?

[cf...]

fwiw - meditation may seem like it's pointless when your mind is way to crazy, but you should do it anyway.  Observing your thought stream is good practice even if you can't quiet the monkeys.

You can make your own 0.05 mg 'servings' if you want.  It will cost a little over $20 for a scale.  The pharmacy will charge more than that.

One of my doctors has prescribed liquid Ativan which will be a tremendous help.

I wasn't taking an extra 0.125 mg every night, but yes, in effect I've taken out 0.25 mg in total. Too much probably. I'm on day 3 and some anxiety is coming through, but ok so far. Sleeping as normal (i.e. Not great but ok).

I don't plan to make another cut for at least a week, likely more. I have not planned out my titration yet.

fwiw - meditation may seem like it's pointless when your mind is way to crazy, but you should do it anyway.  Observing your thought stream is good practice even if you can't quiet the monkeys.

You can make your own 0.05 mg 'servings' if you want.  It will cost a little over $20 for a scale.  The pharmacy will charge more than that.

Yes I am trying even if I don't feel like it. I think it's helping a little.

:( Anxiety is ramping up, even after my normal 4pm 0.25 mg of Ativan. Perhaps I cut too much but am going to try and stabilize here and hold until I do.

I thought the first cut might be relatively easy .....  :idiot:

Yes I am trying even if I don't feel like it. I think it's helping a little.

Good for you. Tho meditation never worked for me. Different strokes, ya know.