RESOLVED: Password Reset Bug Fixed ×
BenzoBuddies Activity Level Report ×
Let Your Voice be Heard! Researchers at Trinity College Dublin... ×

Hey you! Are you sick and tired of obsessing over benzo withdrawals all day?

[Be...]

If my mind is occupied, it is not occupied with benzodiazepine withdrawal .

If my mind is occupied, it is not occupied with pain.

If my mind is occupied , it is not occupied with negativity.

If my mind is occupied , I am occupied with living .

Shift your focus , my friends.

It is hard to distract  ourselves from something so extreme as this. The more you try though, the easier it will become. Just do something ,anything to occupy your mind . I often pace around if that's what it takes ,to shift my attention.

Thank you

Take care

Betray Bill.. I see that you jumped at a higher dose than I am currently at and I'm still tapering. How are you doing? The thought of jumping even now to me sounds scary as it seems like it's still a high dose.

Betray Bill.. I see that you jumped at a higher dose than I am currently at and I'm still tapering. How are you doing? The thought of jumping even now to me sounds scary as it seems like it's still a high dose.

I am doing fantastically well by far, but you could say I was close to spectacular.  :thumbsup:

So true! I read "Unlearn your pain". It really helped.

Truer than true. Sounds like a good read I will check it out. I been meaning to get some self help books.

so true. I've been distracting so much, I've gone days without coming to this site. It's really helped me.

Off to go do just that right now!

I think the biggest challenge for me right now is learning how to be me without the "crutch" of benzos and withdrawal. Clearly, while I still have some lingering mental issues to work through (sleep is still challenging too), I don't have any true symptoms left. Basically now I just don't have a life, few friends or outlets really, and figuring that out is going to take some effort and doing. Without benzos and all the shit they caused, I am out of excuses and need to actually try to reap the rewards that all this hard work should be bringing.

It's a new direction, a new life almost, I'm learning a lot about myself, much of which isn't very useful. Like, all the old thoughts and feelings I've had about myself for all these years are rather counterproductive and self-destructive. I have to let them all go and replace them with new thoughts and feelings. I thought I could just be positive and gradually it would take over, but there's more to it than that. It's a process of overwriting years and years of bad and unhealthy mental habits.

In any event, I'm so glad I don't obsess over benzos all day. I look forward to the day when they don't or rarely cross my mind.

Betray bill,

Fantastic you are doing well.

I am still me as i alwsys has been.

Past is gone cause it is past.

Future is not here cause it is future.

Hence no need to worry, just present at this moment.