RESOLVED: Password Reset Bug Fixed ×
BenzoBuddies Activity Level Report ×
Let Your Voice be Heard! Researchers at Trinity College Dublin... ×

Anyone have vivid dreams during tapering?

[Pi...]

I've been having real vivid dreams. Is that a good sign in the taper? I had a bizarre dream last night I was going to a concert at a small venue and they were pat searching people arriving. I had Ativan and klonopin in my pocket for rescue doses. I decided I should eat them before they found them on me. Then the dream went on to the tv show...orange is the new black( prison movie on Netflix). A guard saw me throw the pills in my mouth and put me in a choke hold so I couldn't swallow them but I did anyway. He said I was to receive a shot for that, I asked to speak to caputo the warden and wanted to tell him I had a panic attack and had scripts for that med. I was extremely worried I messed up my taper by taking the rescue doses. When I woke it seemed so real. I was curious if anyone is having bizarre dreams too.

And I have been watching that show recently

Too (Orange is the New Black). But when my husband turns on Game

Of Thrones, I have to leave the room!

Yes!!! I have this real bad since I reinstated and went on kolonopin ..... My dreams or should I say nightmares are so bad that in the morning it takes me like an hour or so to get out of that dream feeling.... Also it feels very unnatural like the dreams are drug induced (which they are literally; since I have to wake up at 1:00am to take a dose)

Some of these dreams have no rhyme or reason but they just feel so real weird creepy and bizarre...

I've had some pretty cool dreams too - and even a couple "using" dreams like you described - once I dreamt that I was in NYC and put 2 valiums in my mouth - but then realized what I was doing and then spit them out.. Using dreams ate common for any addict quitting a substance..  I've been in AA for a long time and these types of dreams are common, but scary in how real they feel!

yeah! Sometimes it's so vivid I can't even tell if it's a dream or reality.

Yeah amber exactly! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this, too... I hate that it takes awhile to shake off when I wake up ....

Yes!  I never had dreams prior to wd.  Now I find,depending on the nature of the dream, it can impact my mood all day. 

Every single night since I have been on Klonopin and before even tapering I have had vivid dreams/nightmares with this med.  I have to physically get out of bed and shake it off.  Bothersome to say the least.