RESOLVED: Password Reset Bug Fixed ×
BenzoBuddies Activity Level Report ×
Let Your Voice be Heard! Researchers at Trinity College Dublin... ×

Back of Head, Neck Crackling , Popping

[wh...]

Does anyone have this ?  I hear it when I move my head from side to side or when I am half asleep.  Also fizzing sensation in back of head and ears fee like they are being tugged at.  :-[

[8a...]

Yes, I hear that too.  I didn't notice it when I was taking benzos, so either the benzos were masking the sensation (or the remembrance of the sensation), or this is yet another quirky withdrawal thing.  I'm 2.3 years off benzos and consider myself fully healed, so I'm tempted to believe that it's not related to withdrawal. 

The ear thing is more likely benzo-withdrawal related.

Yes, I hear that too.  I didn't notice it when I was taking benzos, so either the benzos were masking the sensation (or the remembrance of the sensation), or this is yet another quirky withdrawal thing.  I'm 2.3 years off benzos and consider myself fully healed, so I'm tempted to believe that it's not related to withdrawal. 

The ear thing is more likely benzo-withdrawal related.

ok ty soooo much !!  I am so happy that you are healed !  Maybe the crackling has something to do with sitting at a desk all day.  It is so tempting to attribute all of this to w/d.  The other stuff has to be as I never had it before in my life.  :)  When did you turn a corner if you don't mind me asking ?    :)

I have this too but I had it also while taking Benzos and its stayed the same whether on or off. I have somewhat concluded that it's not Benzo related but I suppose it's possible it's somehow related to Benzo use

I have this too but I had it also while taking Benzos and its stayed the same whether on or off. I have somewhat concluded that it's not Benzo related but I suppose it's possible it's somehow related to Benzo use

thank you ! maybe it has nothing to do with it than.  hope you are having a good day

[8a...]

ok ty soooo much !!  I am so happy that you are healed !  Maybe the crackling has something to do with sitting at a desk all day.  It is so tempting to attribute all of this to w/d.  The other stuff has to be as I never had it before in my life.  :)  When did you turn a corner if you don't mind me asking ?    :)

I didn't so much turn a corner as I steadily improved.  Month 1 was bad; month 2 was a little better...  By the end of month 3, most of my shaking and palps and sweats were gone, but I was still super sensitive to any stress (and very low energy).  That lasted (with gradual improvement) until 6-7 months out.  Then I only reacted poorly to more significant stress.  As time has gone on, my ability to handle significant stress has improved to where it now takes something major to set me back.  But that's no different than with most people.

I didn't so much turn a corner as I steadily improved.  Month 1 was bad; month 2 was a little better...  By the end of month 3, most of my shaking and palps and sweats were gone, but I was still super sensitive to any stress (and very low energy).  That lasted (with gradual improvement) until 6-7 months out.  Then I only reacted poorly to more significant stress.  As time has gone on, my ability to handle significant stress has improved to where it now takes something major to set me back.  But that's no different than with most people.

Thank you !  I am almost at 6mths.  I hope I am half way there ! You give me much hope  :smitten:

I am 16 mos. out, and recently got cracking sounds in my shoulders....I couldn't believe it, but yes, I think it is W/D related...it comes and goes, just is strange cause it's loud!

I am 16 mos. out, and recently got cracking sounds in my shoulders....I couldn't believe it, but yes, I think it is W/D related...it comes and goes, just is strange cause it's loud!

It's awful !! So sick of this ! I hope it goes soon for you..like today !

I have it, it drives me insane. It began while tapering and never had it before. It's WD

Thank you, at least we know it is nothing life threatening  :smitten:

• 5 years later...
Hi! I have this too! crackingling when I turn my head side to side, popping in the front with no pain...so strange and worrisome and loud! CT showed nothing, MRI next? every now and again it happens when I swallow, that is the troublesome one ! 14 months out....could it still be WD?