Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I posted last week with concerns about my taper and received no response. I’m disappointed in this support group and will never post here again. I’m not a regular and don’t chit chat. I needed support and to get no response is hurtful,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have posted and not gotten responses in many places on BB, including this thread. Some threads are up and down in activity, including this one. Most people in withdrawal are up and down. I try not to take it personally.

Hope you find a thread that suits you better.

Gardie :)

Just took my last dose! :D

[move][glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS" :smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:[/glow]

So happy for you Gardie. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[move][glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS" :smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:[/glow]

So happy for you Gardie. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I posted last week with concerns about my taper and received no response. I’m disappointed in this support group and will never post here again. I’m not a regular and don’t chit chat. I needed support and to get no response is hurtful,

Magnolis - you also posted on another thread - MT thread I believe - and I addressed all your concerns in my multiple replies to you on that thread. I didn't think it necessary to answer on that thread as well as repeat the same info on this thread.  So, I just answered where I happened to see your post first.  I'm sorry you feel hurt, but I could say I feel hurt too by you calling all my replies to you as "no response."  I don't feel hurt actually - and I understand the extreme emotions felt in w/d that you may be experiencing, and I understand the desperation of w/d.  But I feel I gave you some very good options, and support.  Also, we have all had questions go unanswered - if that happens, please simply post again.  I know you're just feeling the urgency and desperation of w/d and I promise you, it will get better!  :)

WOW!!!  Congratulations!!!!  I am so happy for you and proud of you!  Bask in this glory today for you are a true warrior.  The healing light is shining strong on you now, my friend!  :smitten:

WOW!!!  Congratulations!!!!  I am so happy for you and proud of you!  Bask in this glory today for you are a true warrior.  The healing light is shining strong on you now, my friend!  :smitten:

Thanks, libr. ;D

You must be jumping soon. Right?? I keep watching for it!

Gardie :smitten:

Libr,

Your response in Another support group is not what my issue is . The group you responded to is the micro taper group .Your response was extremely helpful. (As always) I was also searching for a low Valium perspective of 321.

WELL DONE GARDIE..!!

Am a little lost for words tbh..  Its been a long road, and here you are..!!

What really comes to mind is the style you did it with.. I have never once seen you stumble with all that you give here, or with the ups n downs of your tapering.. I know there have been moments, -as there is for all of us, and more on top of that..  So today is a day to remember, not just for you, but for me and many other Buddies..

Wishing you nothing but good things into the future..

A great day for BB and all it stands for..

:)

WELL DONE GARDIE..!!

Am a little lost for words tbh..  Its been a long road, and here you are..!!

What really comes to mind is the style you did it with.. I have never once seen you stumble with all that you give here, or with the ups n downs of your tapering.. I know there have been moments, -as there is for all of us, and more on top of that..  So today is a day to remember, not just for you, but for me and many other Buddies..

Wishing you nothing but good things into the future..

A great day for BB and all it stands for..

:)

Awww, thanks, Cant. I can't believe I'm finally here. I've applauded so many who have jumped before me, thinking I would never get here. But here I am.

One drug down, two to go! I'm sure you know the feeling. Onward!

To those still tapering, you will get there, too! It has been rough. I've had to hold. I held a whole year! Near the end I crashed and had to updose. I thought I was doomed. :o I wasn't.

I try not to post the horror details because it stays in cyberspace scaring people forever, but I will say just there were weeks, months that I was in hell and had no desire to go on. I found a reason to go on and carried on in pain I thought I could not endure. I learned to lean into the pain and accept it. I learned to live in "right now." All these things were not the way I lived before withdrawal. I was a take-charge-and-fix-things person, so these were hard lessons. I would not wish benzo hell on anyone, but I learned so much in benzo hell that I will take forward with me. And I'm grateful for that.

I'm also grateful for my kids who gave me a reason to live. And I'm grateful for my Buddies here who gave me support and hope and the truth that I wasn't alone. My kids and my Buddies are what carried me through this.

edit: dang those typos

To those still tapering, you will get there, too! It has been rough. I've had to hold. I held a whole year! Near the end I crashed and had to updose. I thought I was doomed. :o I wasn't.

I try not to post the horror details because it stays in cyberspace scaring people forever, but I will say just there were weeks, months that I was in hell and had to desire to go on. I found a reason to go on and carried on in pain I thought I could not endure. I learned to lean into the pain and accept it. I learned to live in "right now." All these things were not the way I lived before withdrawal. I was a take-charge-and-fix-things person, so these were hard lessons. I would not wish benzo hell on anyone, but I learned so much in benzo hell that I will take forward with me. And I'm grateful for that.

I'm also grateful for my kids who gave me a reason to live. And I'm grateful for my Buddies here who gave me support and hope and the truth that I wasn't alone. My kids and my Buddies are what carried me through this.

That was so beautiful Gardie, there maybe a tear in my eye and I couldn't have a better day to read it.

Thank you, Mary 💜💜💜

I try not to post the horror details because it stays in cyberspace scaring people forever, but I will say just there were weeks, months that I was in hell and had to desire to go on. I found a reason to go on and carried on in pain I thought I could not endure. I learned to lean into the pain and accept it. I learned to live in "right now." All these things were not the way I lived before withdrawal. I was a take-charge-and-fix-things person, so these were hard lessons. I would not wish benzo hell on anyone, but I learned so much in benzo hell that I will take forward with me. And I'm grateful for that.

I am so happy for you, and your message is "Priceless" for all those that have not reached the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for letting me walk with you. :thumbsup: 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

That was so beautiful Gardie, there maybe a tear in my eye and I couldn't have a better day to read it.

Thank you, Mary 💜💜💜

Awww, Mary. I hope you're OK. :hug: You are a strong woman and I have not the slightest doubt that you will join me in benzo-free land.

I am so happy for you, and your message is "Priceless" for all those that have not reached the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for letting me walk with you. :thumbsup: 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:hug: It has been wonderful walking together through this.

And I'm so glad to read of your milestones as your walk off approaches. :smitten:

I try not to post the horror details because it stays in cyberspace scaring people forever, but I will say just there were weeks, months that I was in hell and had no desire to go on. I found a reason to go on and carried on in pain I thought I could not endure. I learned to lean into the pain and accept it. I learned to live in "right now." All these things were not the way I lived before withdrawal. I was a take-charge-and-fix-things person, so these were hard lessons. I would not wish benzo hell on anyone, but I learned so much in benzo hell that I will take forward with me. And I'm grateful for that.

This is making me cry. You have been so personally inspiring for me - especially that year-long hold and all you went through with your children. You should be so proud of yourself - cause your kids will never have a clue what you really did. All blessings

This is making me cry. You have been so personally inspiring for me - especially that year-long hold and all you went through with your children. You should be so proud of yourself - cause your kids will never have a clue what you really did. All blessings

Awwww, Cally, now you're making me cry! Thank you for those encouraging words. :hug:

Hooray!!!! So happy to celebrate your achievement!  You have been rock solid in encouraging others and keeping yourself on track.  Onwards!

Hooray!!!! So happy to celebrate your achievement!  You have been rock solid in encouraging others and keeping yourself on track.  Onwards!

Thanks, circle. :smitten: Yes, onwards! :thumbsup:

The posts you wrote to me in the Long Hold group and your progress log which I've read several times, are the things that have taught me more coping skills through all this (just starting to learn). I read you again and again. You'd think I'm stalking you. I'm so glad you made it. Don't know if I ever will because I'm not stabilizing at all. But at least I read you and you give me hope. I do have to work though. Not a very stressful job but I can't quit it. You think I can do it Gardener? Maybe slower? I really hope you enjoy the life you've been working so hard for during your taper. Life and freedom at last  :smitten:

The posts you wrote to me in the Long Hold group and your progress log which I've read several times, are the things that have taught me more coping skills through all this (just starting to learn). I read you again and again. You'd think I'm stalking you. I'm so glad you made it. Don't know if I ever will because I'm not stabilizing at all. But at least I read you and you give me hope. I do have to work though. Not a very stressful job but I can't quit it. You think I can do it Gardener? Maybe slower? I really hope you enjoy the life you've been working so hard for during your taper. Life and freedom at last  :smitten:

Thank you for your kind words, Val. Of course you can make it! It took me 3 months of holding to feel a bit better, to have some decent windows. And a year of holding and getting my ducks in a row to be well enough to taper again. Not just me, but others, too, have gutted out a long hold and been rewarded with an easier taper afterwards. I have read their stories.

For some buddies, the hold didn't give them the windows, so they just went ahead with their taper at a safe pace.  Other buddies have done a push-through-the-pain Ashton style taper. One way or another, they all reached the finish line.

You will reach the finish line, too. Your taper may take a different path than you thought. It did for me. My doctor told me 4 months. It took over 4 years. I remember how hard it was to come to grips with how long it would take. Those were dark days. And then I finally learned to accept it rather than fight it. That helped me keep going.

I have cheered buddies who jumped, buddies who were my only friends at times, and have seen many leave the forum. I thought I would never get there myself.  It is still a bit surreal that I actually am there.

I think somewhere there is a thread for people working through their tapers. I can also recall people who have talked about it on other threads. One buddie was afraid of driving, and drove to work terrified every day. One buddie had to have her husband drive her to work. Valley, who used to be the leader of long hold, worked at a very stressful job and through some awful family stuff, too. I think they all learned to pace themselves and their tapers. One buddie encouraged people to work because it is a distraction. I was already not working because of a physical disability when I was put on the benzo. If I had been working, I would have tried very hard to keep working. I now volunteer instead. I would go nuts without that outside distraction and the connections to people. A job can be a plus rather than a minus.

You can do it, Val. You will figure out your path off of benzos and take it and be free one day like so many before you. Every day you are one day closer to freedom.  :thumbsup: