Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[91...]

[91...]

http://m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/4/005/06f/1b1/0d7b0d5.jpg

I have my own light to see me through this!!  The light of friendship!!

Beautiful.

Thank you, LF.

Love, Ins :smitten:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[91...]

http://wovendecor.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/flamenco.jpg

Music Videos:

Jesse Cook is a Canadian guitarist, composer, and producer.  Widely considered one of the most influential figures in "nuevo flamenco" music, he incorporates elements of flamenco rumba, jazz & many forms of world music into his work.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day

:smitten:

But and I mean but us females are not always sweet as sugar and spice you know. But us Ducks well we are a different kind of bird. I mean I am so kind sometimes to kind for my own good at times. But it is who I am and I wont be something I am not. Not for any one and this has got me into a lot of trouble at times ::):laugh:. But what you see is what you get. So I will leave you with this image of my good self as I go back to my nest. But we must remember its not what is on the outside its what is inside that matters. :)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/343/e/e/lola_the_ugly_duck_as_a_duckling__portrait_by_belleofthebullshit-d4imhcf.jpg

Duckie :smitten::)

Hilarious, Duckie, you are quite beautiful.  I love the braces! 

I have a beautiful, big, natural park near me where I walk several times a week.  I watch the ducks with new eyes now!  ;D

Oh, and PS, speak for yourself ... I *am* always as sweet as sugar and spice!  :angel:

ABCD, WHAT EVER DO YOU MEAN.

GIIIIRL ARE YA BLIND....DID YA KNOW THEIR ARE 8 OF THESE FARM BROTHER'S.  :o  Eeewww Weeeeee.  THEM'S SOME FINE SPECIMEN'S...LOL ::)

THEIR SHOW IS A HIT WITH ME ;)

HUGS,

FLUTER :smitten:

Yep, it's the fine specimen thing that's the reason I don't trust myself ... I'll get kicked outta BB ... and you'd all miss me too much!  :2funny:

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/yorkberlin/yorkberlin1010/yorkberlin101000219/8053526-3d-rendering-of-a-sitting-duck-in-comic-style.jpg

THIS IS ME EVEN MORE UGLIER WITH OUT MY TEETH IN.

Duckie :smitten:

http://merrillfrailey.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/light-at-end-of-tunnel1.jpg

I knew the Government was behind this!! Now they have switched out the light!!

Sorry folks for my sense of humour!!

AWWW LF,

I LOVE THIS.  ANYTHING THAT INSTANTLY MAKES ME LOL...IS GOOD FOR ME.

THANK YOU FOR THIS QUOTE...PERRRRFECT!

http://m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/4/005/06f/1b1/0d7b0d5.jpg

I have my own light to see me through this!!  The light of friendship!!

LF,

IT'S AMAZING WHAT FRIENDSHIP CAN GET YOU THROUGH...ISN'T IT.

ABCD, WHAT EVER DO YOU MEAN.

GIIIIRL ARE YA BLIND....DID YA KNOW THEIR ARE 8 OF THESE FARM BROTHER'S.  :o  Eeewww Weeeeee.  THEM'S SOME FINE SPECIMEN'S...LOL ::)

THEIR SHOW IS A HIT WITH ME ;)

HUGS,

Yep, it's the fine specimen thing that's the reason I don't trust myself ... I'll get kicked outta BB ... and you'd all miss me too much!  :2funny:

YOU'VE GOT THAT RIGHT. GOOD CALL ON YOUR PART ABCD.

I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANYTHING TO GET YOURSELF KICKED OFF BB'S.

CAUSE YOUR DANG RIGHT...YOU WOULD CERTAINLY BE MISSSSSSSSED!!!!!!

YOU LITTLE LIVE WIRE YOU;)

HUGS,

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/yorkberlin/yorkberlin1010/yorkberlin101000219/8053526-3d-rendering-of-a-sitting-duck-in-comic-style.jpg

DANG IT DUCKIE,

THERE IS NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING UGLY ABOUT YOU.

YOUR SO DANG CUTE...I WANT TO PICK YOU UP AND SQUEEZE THE DOWN OUT OF YOU...LOL.

LOVE AND SQUEEZES,

Hi All!

I'm new on this thread, and without going through all 152 pages (!!) of your wonderful contributions, I was wondering if anyone had shared anything from Richard Bach's book called "Illusions" (1977). Some of the quotations really stuck with me through the years and popped into my head all the time, including these ones. Yeah, I know it's a book, and it was written in the 70s when I was young and naive and thought everything was possible, but there's some wisdom in these words, methinks. I hope they speak to you as well.

“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”

― Richard Bach, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

“You're never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.”

“Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”

“Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.”

“This is a test to see if your mission in this life is complete, if you are alive, it isn't.”

“If you argue for your limitations they are yours.”

“The original sin is to limit the Is. Don't.”

“There is no such thing as a problem with out a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.”

“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.

You're always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.”

“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”

HI LAPIS,

VERY HAPPY YOU STOPPED IN AND POSTED. YOUR ALWAYS WELCOME HERE, AND I'M SURE EVERYONE WILL ENJOY WHAT EVER YOU MAY LIKE TO SHARE.  THAT'S WHO AND WHAT WE ARE ABOUT HERE.

SHARING, SUPPORTING, LAUGHTER, COMFORT, AND SO ON.

I LIKE THE QUOTE I HIGHLIGHTED.  FAMILY COMES IN ALL FORMS!  I HAVE MET PEOPLE HERE THAT I WOULD WELCOME INTO MY FAMILY WITH OPEN ARMS. THEY ENRICH MY LIFE EVERY DAY.  THEY BRING ME COMFORT, UNDERSTANDING, JOY, LAUGHTER, AND LOVE.

I FEEL BLESSED TO KNOW THEM, AND I'M SURE IF YOU CONTINUE TO COME HERE YOU WILL FEEL THE SAME WAY.

WARMTH AND FRIENDSHIP TO YOU,

[91...]

Hi All!

I'm new on this thread, and without going through all 152 pages (!!) of your wonderful contributions, I was wondering if anyone had shared anything from Richard Bach's book called "Illusions" (1977). Some of the quotations really stuck with me through the years and popped into my head all the time, including these ones. Yeah, I know it's a book, and it was written in the 70s when I was young and naive and thought everything was possible, but there's some wisdom in these words, methinks. I hope they speak to you as well.

“You're never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true.”

“Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”

“Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.”

“This is a test to see if your mission in this life is complete, if you are alive, it isn't.”

“If you argue for your limitations they are yours.”

“The original sin is to limit the Is. Don't.”

“There is no such thing as a problem with out a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.”

“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.

You're always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.”

Lapis2,

Welcome to this thread, and thank you, for the

inspiring quotes.

I've not read this book, but the excerpts are fantastic!

Difficult to choose a favorite from the above, each quote strikes

a chord.  I really like the quote

about no such thing as a problem without a gift!

Also, being free to change your mind and choose

a different future!

Really powerful!

Thank you, so much, Lapis2!

I am excited that you have joined us here.

Love, Ins :smitten:

That's one hot duck. 8)

[91...]

Sending love to the cutest duck around !

Ins, just responding to your welcoming post -- thank you! I think the quote that's really pertinent for me right now is about whether one's mission in life is complete. On my worst days, I question things a lot, but that quote very simply puts some of those things back in the box where they have to stay. And I like the dream one too. It's nice to think that we have the power to make our dreams come true. Gotta keep dreaming!

IT IS THE EARLY HOURS HERE FOR ME AND DUE TO THE TIME DIFFERNCE I WOULD LIKE TO WISH THOSE OF YOU ALL THAT CELEBRATE

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU.http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/fileSendAction/fcType/0/fcOid/11144471736670516/filePointer/11144471737195171/fodoid/11144471737195167/imageType/LARGE/inlineImage/true/Donald%20duck.jpg

WELL IT CERTAINLY ISNT ME ON THE PLATE :)

Yes, I second that! Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! For the rest of us, it's a good excuse to think of the things we're thankful for.

Hey Duck, looks like I was posting at the same time you were! Thanks for the welcome from across the pond. And yes, I believe we've met elsewhere in the BB neighbourhood. Nice to hear your quacks again!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ni...]
    • [...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [jo...]
    • [SB...]
    • [...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [On...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [En...]
    • [He...]