Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[7c...]

ABCD,

HONESTLY, WHEN I RE*READ MY POST...I MADE MYSELF CRY!

THESE ARMS ARE BIG AND OPEN AND HAVE LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS TO GIVE FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS ONE. SO, COME ON IN 3RD CHILD....I WILL BE HAPPY TO COMFORT YOU :)

LOVING HUGS....HOW HEALING THEY ARE :smitten:

FLUTER :smitten:

Well, you certainly got me good there, Flute, I had a very nice big bawl!  :'( :idiot:  And you started it all, Steve!  :nono:

Hahah, good to see LF is back and feeling better.  It's time to change up the mood here! How's this ...?

767006.gif

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

ABCD,

THESE ARMS ARE BIG AND OPEN AND HAVE LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS TO GIVE FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS ONE. SO, COME ON IN 3RD CHILD....I WILL BE HAPPY TO COMFORT YOU :)

Well, you certainly got me good there, Flute, I had a very nice big bawl!  :'( :idiot:  And you started it all, Steve!  :nono:

When I read that passage, I couldn’t believe the effect it had on me. I mean… well, you know what I mean.

For a man about 80 (or a woman, or a person of any age) to be so connected to his feelings, and to express them the way he did – so simply, and with the kind of inner honesty that very few people would allow themselves to feel -- is incredible.

His mother died about 200 years ago. Those words were written over 100 years ago.

And look how he’s touched us, and helped us. Across time.

Thank you, Leo. You're an honorary BB! :)

Steve :smitten:

ABCD,

When I read that passage, I couldn’t believe the effect it had on me. I mean… well, you know what I mean.

For a man about 80 (or a woman, or a person of any age) to be so connected to his feelings, and to express them the way he did – so simply, and with the kind of inner honesty that very few people would allow themselves to feel -- is incredible.

His mother died about 200 years ago. Those words were written over 100 years ago.

Thank you, Leo. You're an honorary BB! :)

Steve, my Dad is a "senior citizen". He had minor surgery last year and as I was driving him home, he wistfully mentioned how much he missed my grandmother and how she would've taken care of him! That sentiment hit me hard. My Mom passed way too soon, and I've never missed and needed her more than I do now!  :'( :'( :'(  It doesn't matter what your age, we're all essentially the same inside, we all need our Moms!

Okay, enough of that ... I'm off to Flute's wide, open arms again!  :therethere:

http://www.quote-coyote.com/album/small/Leo-Tolstoy-time-wisdom-quotes.jpg

http://www.verybestquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/personal-growth-quote-of-the-day-The-only-journey-is-the-journey-within..png

Is this the real purpose of life?

To grow, to find oneself, to accept and appreciate oneself?

Why is it so difficult?

Why does it take so long?

Is it only through suffering that real growth can take place?

In pensive mood now.

I suppose when life is going smoothly, we stagnate!!

The more bumps in the road the better as long as we manage to stay in the driving seat.

LF  :smitten:

[74...]

I’ve had this book (a biography of Leo Tolstoy) sitting around my house for many years, and picked it up the other day.

Earlier today, I read that his mother died when he was about 2, and that several years before his death (in his 80s) he wrote these:

"I walk in the garden and I think of my mother, of Maman; I do not remember her, but she has always been an ideal of saintliness for me. I have never heard a single disparaging remark about her."

"Felt dull and sad all day. Toward evening, the mood changed into a desire for caresses, for tenderness. I wanted, as when I was a child, to nestle against some tender and compassionate being and weep with love and be consoled ... become a tiny boy, close to his mother, the way I imagine her. Yes, yes, my Maman, whom I was never able to call that because I did not know how to talk when she died. She is my highest image of love – not cold, divine love, but warm, earthly love, maternal....Maman, hold me, baby me! ...All that is madness, but it is all true."

Quite a thing...

WOW STEVE,

LUCKY YOU FOR HAVING THIS BOOK AND DECIDING TO PICK IT UP, AND LUCKY US THAT YOU HAVE IT AND FOUND THESE QUOTES AND DECIDED TO SHARE THEM WITH US.

A MOTHER'S LOVE...SOMETHING WE ALL WANT AND NEED.

AS A MOTHER...MY LOVE IS SOMETHING I LONG TO GIVE, AND AM SO GRATEFUL THAT I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS 2 LAVISH IT ON.

AS OF LATE THE CHILD THAT STILL REZIDES DEEP INSIDE OF ME...LONGS FOR THE COMFORTING LOVE THAT ONLY A MOTHER CAN BRING.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy_hXdB2HKF3a9cBqu5lxkA90MEbKGBN2fkdBSAuo9l5FzA-z_

WE "ALL" WANT LOVE...SADLY, SOME OF US DO NOT HAVE MOTHERS TO GIVE IT TO US.....SO, FOR THOSE WHO NEED SOME MOTHERLY LOVE ON THIS DAY....CONSIDER YOURSELVES WRAPED GENTELY IN MY ARMS, AND DRAWN LOVINGLY TO MY CHEST, HEAD TO MY HEART. I AM NOW SQUEZZING YOU GENTELY AND STROKING YOUR HEAD AND SAYING "I LOVE YOU" AND YOU WILL BE OKAY!

LOVE TO YOU ALL,

Tears rolling down my cheeks.  :'( :'(  That is so very powerful and moving.  No matter what age we are, we all have times where we so long for that unconditional maternal love, comforting and nurturing! 

Thanks for such heartwarming words, Fluter, I am snuggling in your arms right now, consider me your third child!  :hug::smitten:

http://www.buzzle.com/images/quotes/daughter-hugging-mother.jpg

I recently received an email from my 22 yr old son, who is away at college. He was a surly, difficult teen, but turned into a wonderful man. He wrote "I always felt loved by you and dad, unconditionally, all my life... Always felt that you were there for me."  You dont know how much that meant to me! That was exactly what I hoped to give to my son, that feeling, something I didnt feel from my mother, even though she did her best. Im so very glad that he told me now. I needed to hear it.  :smitten:

[7c...]

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much, for the love you

share on this thread.  I am

deeply touched. Your encouragement

is priceless.

Hoping to return tomorrow

or the next day; still without

a PC and have no ability

to post images.

Stay strong, beautiful friends.

Love,

Ins :smitten:

Missing you lots 'n lots, Ins!    :smitten: :smitten:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/51823931.jpg

MORNIN ABCD,

INS WILL BE BACK TUESDAY EVENING OR WED.  SHE GOT TO TAKE A LITTLE TRIP :)  GOOD FOR HER.  SHE NEEDED IT!

HOW YA DOIN TODAY...ABCD?

HUGS,

FLUTER :hug:

MORNIN ABCD,

INS WILL BE BACK TUESDAY EVENING OR WED.  SHE GOT TO TAKE A LITTLE TRIP :)  GOOD FOR HER.  SHE NEEDED IT!

HUGS,

Hey Flute! Good for Ins, hope she's having a lovely time. 

Me? See below!  ;)

How are you doing today, Flute?

http://www.happylawyersblog.com/files/2013/12/Hang-in-there-monkey.jpg

MORNIN ABCD,

HUGS,

Hey Flute! Good for Ins, hope she's having a lovely time. 

Me? See below!  ;)

How are you doing today, Flute?

http://www.happylawyersblog.com/files/2013/12/Hang-in-there-monkey.jpg

LOL...I SEE YOUR JUST A HANGIN AROUND.  YOU SURE LOOK CUTE DOING IT. I WANT TO GRAB YOU AND SQUEEZE YOU ;)  YOU LOOK CUDDLIE.

I'M TRYING TO PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER...ABCD. AND, GET MYSELF OFF THIS BENZO PATH!

HUGS TO YOU,

LOL...I SEE YOUR JUST A HANGIN AROUND.  YOU SURE LOOK CUTE DOING IT. I WANT TO GRAB YOU AND SQUEEZE YOU ;)  YOU LOOK CUDDLIE.

I'M TRYING TO PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER...ABCD. AND, GET MYSELF OFF THIS BENZO PATH!

HUGS TO YOU,

I know the feeling, Flute. Please feel better, sweet friend! For you ...  :smitten:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-celv5PIpG8w/TsO-wDRoFtI/AAAAAAAAARc/YAbhz5biH28/s1600/hang%2Bin%2Bthere.jpg

HUGS TO YOU,

I know the feeling, Flute. Please feel better, sweet friend! For you ...  :smitten:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-celv5PIpG8w/TsO-wDRoFtI/AAAAAAAAARc/YAbhz5biH28/s1600/hang%2Bin%2Bthere.jpg

TO CUTE...LOL.

I LIKE THE PUP SAY "HOLY SHIZZ" THAT'S HOW I FEEL ;)

THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF ME :)

AND, WERE DOIN IT ONE DAY AT A TIME :thumbsup:

HUGS,

[7c...]

HI Ins

Sorry to hear about your PC problems.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

Hi, LF

just have no PC access right now.

hopefully be back online tomorrow

evening.  Hugs, Ins  :smitten:

[7c...]

Missing you lots 'n lots, Ins!    :smitten: :smitten:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/51823931.jpg

awww

this is so sweet!

thank you, abcd!

Miss you, my friend. :smitten:

Should be up and running by tomorrow

or the next day.

PS I have to listen to this song

now.  :)

[7c...]
INS WILL BE BACK TUESDAY EVENING OR WED.  SHE GOT TO TAKE A LITTLE TRIP  GOOD FOR HER.  SHE NEEDED IT!

Hey, Dear Fluter

such a sweet friend you are.

sending my love!!

Hugs, Ins :smitten:

[7c...]

I’ve had this book (a biography of Leo Tolstoy) sitting around my house for many years, and picked it up the other day.

Earlier today, I read that his mother died when he was about 2, and that several years before his death (in his 80s) he wrote these:

"I walk in the garden and I think of my mother, of Maman; I do not remember her, but she has always been an ideal of saintliness for me. I have never heard a single disparaging remark about her."

"Felt dull and sad all day. Toward evening, the mood changed into a desire for caresses, for tenderness. I wanted, as when I was a child, to nestle against some tender and compassionate being and weep with love and be consoled ... become a tiny boy, close to his mother, the way I imagine her. Yes, yes, my Maman, whom I was never able to call that because I did not know how to talk when she died. She is my highest image of love – not cold, divine love, but warm, earthly love, maternal....Maman, hold me, baby me! ...All that is madness, but it is all true."

Quite a thing...

Steve,

this touches me very deeply.

thank you, so much for sharing

these beautiful words.

Love, Ins

[7c...]

Thank you, Leo. You're an honorary BB!

Steve

I agree, Steve.  Leo is an honorary BB.

He touched us deeply.

As well, I have been touched by

EACH response to this.

Love you all!

Ins

THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GETTING TO KNOW ME BETTER WILL LEARN THAT I HAPPEN TO LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, FALL AND WINTER!

I LIVE IN THE S. TEXAS...NO SNOW FOR ME; HOWEVER, IT NEVER STOPS ME FROM WISINIG AND HOPING THAT THIS YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR THAT WE GET SOME.  LIKE IN 2004....IT STARTED SNOWING ON CHRISTMAS EVE AT MIDNIGHT.  "OH, IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL"!  I NEVER STOP HOPING ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvOIvujG7OwaJOlDUuvfL9fuU0rVcIPFUWzKuGJ6gCFJacXCGdAND IT HAS TO BE A GOOD THING TO CUDDLE BY A WARMimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_s7YgRQsw5oRv1nKSt9MnDetXcTJIqMbw-x6nL474QZMcSC11AND DRINKimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd_q1-hUVWgMh-Ju9R8p_AfYsZVWsJwmTbST4l1P90DxmqHkXzWITH LOTS OF WHIP CREAM.....HOW LOVELY  :smitten:

I'M GETTING READY....CAUSE WERE GETTING A "COLD FRONT" LATE THIS AFTERNOON. OUR HIGH TOMORROW WILL ONLY BE IN THE 50'S.  ISN'T THAT EXCITING...LOL. IT IS FOR ME  :smitten:

BUNDLE UP AND GET COZY,

WARMTH AND LOVE,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Si...]
    • [bi...]
    • [je...]
    • [ro...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Kr...]