Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[75...]

From Richard Bach's book "Illusions":

http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/06/you-are-never-given-a-wish-without-also-being-given-the-power-to-make-it-true.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[75...]

http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/06/you-are-never-given-a-wish-without-also-being-given-the-power-to-make-it-true.jpg

:thumbsup::smitten:

Great quote :thumbsup:

Love, Hopefulgal

Hi hopefulgal! Nice name! Glad you like the quote. That book is full of bits of wisdom that I've continued to reflect on years after I read it. This particular quote popped into my head today as I was wishing to be free of the dizziness that still plagues me.  :(

Hope you're doing well today. Thanks for joining in the long, ongoing conversation here!

Hi hopefulgal! Nice name! Glad you like the quote. That book is full of bits of wisdom that I've continued to reflect on years after I read it. This particular quote popped into my head today as I was wishing to be free of the dizziness that still plagues me.  :(

Hope you're doing well today. Thanks for joining in the long, ongoing conversation here!

Great Quote Lapis, and today my head is woozy so now you can add me o the woozy boaty thread, but realy was a nice quote and i hope everyones day is going as good as possible !~ CD

The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up

on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.

-Anna Quindlen

The technique(artistic ability) to bring light in from behind is truly amazing, and a little seductive...?

Thank you Ins, for a wake up smile...

I sometimes burn out on BB issues, but not this thread...

Good afternoon to all...it is sunny here, a slight warming trend, and the town is crawling with SXSW afficianados...IHOP. At 4:00am was insane...

Hey can do! If you're feeling like you're on a floaty boat, don't hesitate to join us in the Dizziness Group thread (Support Groups). We're sailing towards shore! Glad you like the Richard Bach quote, by the way. Take care, and hang on!

Texasstar, you must be getting some amazing music wafting through the air down there. I guess it's the centre of the musical universe right now! I'm sorry to hear you're not sleeping,though. Maybe they should play softer stuff after a certain hour!  ;)

Lapis, i got a big 26 ft boat i rock sometimes when i come off it i can imagine this year and tryed to cat  nap before whoa was all kinds of dizzy! Feel better my friend ~CD  Hey on a lighter note here is a QUOTE    ~We are Waiting for our Ship to come in so we can get OFF ! Author ~ CD :D

Hey CD, that's the first time I cracked a smile today! Thanks for that! I grew up sailing and canoeing -- then added kayaking -- so I love boats too. That rocking feeling after a bit of time on the boat was a lovely thing for me at the time. But this, well, this is something different. Maybe sailing will cancel out the effect of the benzo-floaty-boat? If so, I'm heading down to the lake immediately and off I go. Let me know if it works!

Happy Sailing to you, CD!

http://healthfitnessrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sailing_to_the_sunrise.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01943/sailing-club_1943251b.jpg

http://www.upsu.com/pageassets/sports/watersports/learntosail/Sailing.jpg

These photos are for anyone who feels like they're on a boat, wants to go on a boat, or just enjoys nice pictures of boats!

Hey CD, that's the first time I cracked a smile today! Thanks for that! I grew up sailing and canoeing -- then added kayaking -- so I love boats too. That rocking feeling after a bit of time on the boat was a lovely thing for me at the time. But this, well, this is something different. Maybe sailing will cancel out the effect of the benzo-floaty-boat? If so, I'm heading down to the lake immediately and off I go. Let me know if it works!

Happy Sailing to you, CD!

Lapis, so glad i gave you a smile  :)you ever realize helping others helps yourself! Feel Better !~CD

Hello to everyone, and wishing you all Happy Pi Day!

:yippee:

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1300112083085_2816713.png

jimthecircle_large.png

pi-day.jpg

http://blog.chegg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pi-berational.jpg

e11075bc3819b60198712e4c1f0ddea3.jpg

Mmmmm, Pi! Sounds delicious! How about Pumpkin Pi? I have a feeling you'd like that, abcd!

Apparently, it's a Very Special Pi Day, since it's 3/14/15 today. And then, at 9:26:53, it was even more special, since it was 3.141592653......!! Yup, heard it on the radio. These are important things to know, doncha know?!

[75...]

http://deborahelizabeth.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Vicente-Romero-6.jpg

I have fallen in love with the imagination.

And if you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit.

It will go anywhere, and it can do anything.

- Alice Walker

Lapis,

Love the pictures of the boats ~ so gorgeous.

Used to spend quite a bit of time on the water canoeing and sailing

So very sorry you're having a rough day

Here's hoping that you soon feel better, dear friend

:smitten:

Collene

So wonderful to see you here  again and hoping your weekend is

peaceful, my friend. :angel:

CD,

You own a 26-foot boat.  Amazing.

Would love to see some pictures of her.

Thank you for your kindness, my friend and enjoy the evening.

PS.  Are you out of the deep freeze ?

:hug:

The technique(artistic ability) to bring light in from behind is truly amazing, and a little seductive...?

Thank you Ins, for a wake up smile...

I sometimes burn out on BB issues, but not this thread...

Good afternoon to all...it is sunny here, a slight warming trend, and the town is crawling with SXSW afficianados...IHOP. At 4:00am was insane...

Tex,

Your post brought a huge smile to my face, and I adore your description of the painting. :)

What is this SXSW event?    Please fill me in.  I was trying to do some reading about it - is this a music festival?

Love to hear about it - and about your 4 a.m. IHOP experience.

Big smiles and wishes for a fun weekend.

Hello to everyone, and wishing you all Happy Pi Day!

:yippee:

e11075bc3819b60198712e4c1f0ddea3.jpg[

ABCD,

Happy Pi Day to you! 

Thank you for the very cute quotes - I especially love this one!

Sending wishes for an easy evening, sweet friend.

:smitten:

I really like being able to go somewhere, be myself, and move on without the ripples upsetting the harbor...and i feel like this thread is safe harbor...

Ins, i would like to know how you find the images you post...i know they have to have been seen before and brought to mind by whatever stirs your imagination...this last one is also seductive, and has me asking more questions of it...a wandering wonder...

Talk and pictures of boats sends me down memory strewn halls to rivers not quite conquered, Ontario lakes one after another into a wilderness not witnessed for centuries, the featureless 360 expanse of open, empty ocean broken only by swells...

YOU FOLKS ARE A TRIP!!!...and i thank you for it...

SXSW is a music festival, impromptu creative milieu, intellectual dissection of music and film, a bar-bashing-boisterousity of ten or so days duration with live music EVERYWHERE, jams, gigs, streetcorner performances, food courts, food carts, smells of all kinds of cookin'...and the noise...my lord! The Noise. You like watching people? Bring a cooler, a comfy chair, and stake out a spot...the crowds will come to you, past you, beyond you, and back... That's a thumbnail sketch, and just one person's take on it...

Now, if you take a cross section of all these folks, pick them up and magically transport them all to IHOP at 4:00 am, still laughing talking screaming chewing rattling their silverware sabers...that's IHOP and nowhere to go...thirty people in one group wanting separate checks yesterday( and, no, I didn't have coffee I had a coke and a sandwich those are someone else's eggs) and they are trying to get out the door...and they are, indeed, all in front of you...i have found that patience may be a virtue, and i apparently have none...

I think Fellini would have approved of this place...  :thumbsup:

I hope that gives you something to work with, dear Ins...it gave me something to work with :laugh:

So, if anyone is feeling a bit pinched, you might want to just settle down with a slow movie, a pleasing recording, or a fun book...SXSW will probably not even notice your absence...tex

My dog is recovering at the vet hospital from surgery. I dedicate this to him.

He's just my dog. He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.

He has told me more than a thousand times over that I am his reason for being -- by the way he rests against my leg, by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile, by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me).

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.

When I am angry he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another person. With him, I am all powerful.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion is loyalty itself. With him, I know the secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me ... whenever ... wherever ... in case I need him, and I expect I will, as I always have.

Who is he? -- He's just --

MY DOG!

Author unknown

I really like being able to go somewhere, be myself, and move on without the ripples upsetting the harbor...and i feel like this thread is safe harbor...

Ins, i would like to know how you find the images you post...i know they have to have been seen before and brought to mind by whatever stirs your imagination...this last one is also seductive, and has me asking more questions of it...a wandering wonder...

Talk and pictures of boats sends me down memory strewn halls to rivers not quite conquered, Ontario lakes one after another into a wilderness not witnessed for centuries, the featureless 360 expanse of open, empty ocean broken only by swells...

SXSW is a music festival, impromptu creative milieu, intellectual dissection of music and film, a bar-bashing-boisterousity of ten or so days duration with live music EVERYWHERE, jams, gigs, streetcorner performances, food courts, food carts, smells of all kinds of cookin'...and the noise...my lord! The Noise. You like watching people? Bring a cooler, a comfy chair, and stake out a spot...the crowds will come to you, past you, beyond you, and back... That's a thumbnail sketch, and just one person's take on it...

Now, if you take a cross section of all these folks, pick them up and magically transport them all to IHOP at 4:00 am, still laughing talking screaming chewing rattling their silverware sabers...that's IHOP and nowhere to go...thirty people in one group wanting separate checks yesterday( and, no, I didn't have coffee I had a coke and a sandwich those are someone else's eggs) and they are trying to get out the door...and they are, indeed, all in front of you...i have found that patience may be a virtue, and i apparently have none...

I hope that gives you something to work with, dear Ins...it gave me something to work with :laugh:

So, if anyone is feeling a bit pinched, you might want to just settle down with a slow movie, a pleasing recording, or a fun book...SXSW will probably not even notice your absence...tex

Tex, you created some great images in my head with your writing -- everything from lakes in Ontario (love 'em!) to SXSW people-watching and 30 separate checks (Yikes!). Yes, for now, I think I'll stay away from that one!

Just wanted to say hi to you all as you have all been so kind and have helped me stay positive so all have a great day! Today i got some bad brain fog going on so think i need a break from the computer! Peace to all ~CD :)

[75...]

Tex

You're an amazingly gifted writer with a knack for drawing one into the center of your creativity 

W O W

Feels as though I have taken a mental vacation by way of vivid imagery you have painted

Thank you!  Thank you! 

By the way, what is the release date of your book?

:)

[75...]

My dog is recovering at the vet hospital from surgery. I dedicate this to him.

He's just my dog. He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.

He has told me more than a thousand times over that I am his reason for being -- by the way he rests against my leg, by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile, by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me).

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.

When I am angry he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another person. With him, I am all powerful.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion is loyalty itself. With him, I know the secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me ... whenever ... wherever ... in case I need him, and I expect I will, as I always have.

Who is he? -- He's just --

MY DOG!

Author unknown

Dearest Blue,

Oh my.  Is your dog home now?

I hope he is recovering without any problems.

This poem went straight to my heart.

Sending many hugs to you and well wishes for your dear little guy.

[75...]

Just wanted to say hi to you all as you have all been so kind and have helped me stay positive so all have a great day! Today i got some bad brain fog going on so think i need a break from the computer! Peace to all ~CD :)

CD

Hope you start feeling better

The brain cloudiness can be overwhelming

Think we all relate to that symptom

Peace to you, my friend

[75...]

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/015/8/6/i_love_sea____by_hoangvanvan-d69de3w.jpg

I have seen the sea when it is stormy and wild;

when it is quiet and serene;

when it is dark and moody.

And in all its moods,

I see myself.

- Martin Buxbaum

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ta...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Th...]
    • [An...]